ASTRO: New Moon in the Old Moon's arms

Old September 8th 07, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: New Moon in the Old Moon's arms

I bought an adapter that lets me mount my Olympus lenses onto my Canon XTi
and so it was nice and clear this morning so I tested it out. This was 20
seconds @ f/8 @ 100 asa.

The weather has been very strange this past month. Get this, I bought a
digital camera that I plan on coverting to a astrocamera...clear skies. I
get the camera modified...clear skies.
I get a $20 adapter and its clouds & rain for a month with a clear window
during full Moon.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon9-8-07.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1195
Old September 8th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Here is one through the 70mm with a 1.8 barlow projection. 10s at 400asa

Joe

Sorry about the double post above!!

"J McBride" wrote in message
I bought an adapter that lets me mount my Olympus lenses onto my Canon XTi
and so it was nice and clear this morning so I tested it out. This was 20
seconds @ f/8 @ 100 asa.

The weather has been very strange this past month. Get this, I bought a
digital camera that I plan on coverting to a astrocamera...clear skies. I
get the camera modified...clear skies.
I get a $20 adapter and its clouds & rain for a month with a clear window
during full Moon.

Joe

Attached Images
File Type: jpg moon9-8-07b.jpg (96.9 KB, 111 views)
Old September 8th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

I bought an adapter that lets me mount my Olympus lenses onto my Canon XTi
and so it was nice and clear this morning so I tested it out. This was 20
seconds @ f/8 @ 100 asa.

The weather has been very strange this past month. Get this, I bought a
digital camera that I plan on coverting to a astrocamera...clear skies. I
get the camera modified...clear skies.
I get a $20 adapter and its clouds & rain for a month with a clear window
during full Moon.

Joe

So you're the one responsible for all my cloudy weather. Knew someone
had to have completed their system. But you didn't have to hit me clear
over here in northern Minnesota! As soon as I start a sequence the
clouds roll in. Happened again last night. Got the first Lum frame
shot then clouds ruined the second. They parted and I retook the second
but it was faint. Packed it in, dreary day today. We get clouds but
little rain. Rest of the state has had rain. 20 miles from me has had
5" so far this month. We've gotten .03". But we get the clouds. Now I
know it's all your fault! One lousy $20 adapter is giving me months of
cloudy weather.

Nice shot by the way.

Rick

Old September 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

J McBride wrote:

Here is one through the 70mm with a 1.8 barlow projection. 10s at 400asa

Joe

You take what the weather gives you. Least you got a pretty shot even
if it isn't what you were planning on with the new system.

Is that a plane blinking through the lower left corner?

Rick

Space Engineers Plan Possible Moon Base at the Moon's South Pole: On the Ice! Double-A Misc 0 January 2nd 07 12:46 PM
Galaxies and spiral arms Jeff Hammersmark Misc 4 September 26th 04 11:54 PM
SETI: call to arms! SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA SETI 40 July 8th 04 01:22 PM
Old Moon in 30 somethings arms? Pete Lawrence Amateur Astronomy 12 March 31st 04 12:25 AM
the old moon in the new moon's arms. Don McDonald Amateur Astronomy 6 March 30th 04 07:09 AM