ASTRO: Solar Proms in H-Alpha

Old April 9th 07, 12:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash

Default ASTRO: Solar Proms in H-Alpha

Hi to the group,

Yesterday (April 8th) the Sun had lots of of nice prominences on view. The
disc itself was a bit bland. I managed to get the attached image using my
Zeiss Telementor 63mm refractor and a Coronado SM60 H-Alpha filter. The
camera used was a Startlight Xpress SXV-H9. My local seing conditions were
quite bad with gusts of wind bouncing the scope around!

Regards
Dave Cash

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sun_Proms.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	623
Old April 10th 07, 01:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

Inspite of the conditions, it looks like you pulled it off Dave. Very nice
proms.
Clear Skyz, LA

Old April 12th 07, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"David Cash" wrote

Yesterday (April 8th) the Sun had lots of of nice prominences on
view......

Great view David! Seems the sun can do a little something even as we
approach (or are at) complete minimum.

George N

Old April 12th 07, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash

Thanks George,

I was quite pleased with the result especially consiering the windy
conditions. I hope to do better when the conditions improve.

Best regards
Dave Cash

"David Cash" wrote

Old April 13th 07, 04:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

David, this is probably the first image I have seen where a "deep sky"
camera is used for the sun. Good result though.

Stefan