ASTRO: Saturn w/TOA 130

Old March 6th 07, 05:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
reconair

Default ASTRO: Saturn w/TOA 130

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Takahashi TOA 130. As luck was with me, I was able
to do a first light on the day of delivery. Seeing was very bad due to
upper level disturbances and the moon was at 97%. Nonetheless, I attempted
Saturn with the scope on a G-11, 5x barlow, and a ToUcam Pro III. Image
sucks but I'm posting anyway.

Best 50% of 800
K3CCDTools and PS CS2
Scott

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saturn_K3CCD_0013d1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	502  Click image for larger version

Name:	TOA&Me_1_sm.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	503
Old March 6th 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

reconair wrote:

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Takahashi TOA 130. As luck was with me, I was able
to do a first light on the day of delivery. Seeing was very bad due to
upper level disturbances and the moon was at 97%. Nonetheless, I attempted
Saturn with the scope on a G-11, 5x barlow, and a ToUcam Pro III. Image
sucks but I'm posting anyway.

Best 50% of 800
K3CCDTools and PS CS2
Scott

Good first night shot.

Seems I never can catch planets at good seeing even years after the
scope was new. Have fun with the new scope, that is a nice one!

Rick

Old March 11th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

I think that saturn looks pretty good. The optics in your new scope must be
exceptional to pull that detail in on a full moon night. Well done Scott.
Clear Skyz, LA

Old March 14th 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
JW

reconair wrote:

Hi All,

I recently acquired a Takahashi TOA 130. As luck was with me, I was able
to do a first light on the day of delivery. Seeing was very bad due to
upper level disturbances and the moon was at 97%. Nonetheless, I attempted
Saturn with the scope on a G-11, 5x barlow, and a ToUcam Pro III. Image
sucks but I'm posting anyway.

Best 50% of 800
K3CCDTools and PS CS2
Scott

[Image]

[Image]

That really isnt that bad for a first time turbulent tucam shot ...
congrats! A beautiful scope.