ASTRO: Calcium and Whitelight images from the 12th

Old November 18th 06, 01:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
LA

Default ASTRO: Calcium and Whitelight images from the 12th

Hello everyone. Attached are some solar images from the 12th of November.
I used my Calcium 70 scope and my 90mm whitelight scope to get them. Clear
Skyz, LA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06-11-12a.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	122  Click image for larger version

Name:	06-11-12b.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	123  Click image for larger version

Name:	06-11-12c.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	124  Click image for larger version

Name:	06-11-12d.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	125
Old November 18th 06, 03:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

those are very nice Larry as always

It would be very interesting to see one of your images to be made into an
artificial tricolor via either this or another presecription:

Red = Halpha
Green = Calcium
Blue = Ha-Calcium or something else creative

Blue could be maybe White light or maybe use White light image for Red, Ha
for Green and Calcium for blue

Anyway i think you get the idea.

Once I made such an image from SOHO data and used Ha, Calcium and maybe one
of the Iron lines etc for the RGB

It was really pretty an very ghostly looking from what I remember

Maybe I can find it or maybe make it again

Old November 21st 06, 02:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"LA" wrote

Great images Larry!

It was a surprise to me that that big spot never really generated much
"action"........... and now it's gone.

George N