Aurora

Old December 14th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
WaltA

Default Aurora

Lots of radio-aurora activity being reported across northern europe.
Solar and geomag v.active

cloudy here !

anyone in the north got clear sky ?

Old December 14th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul Buglass

Just South of York I've been out catching a few Geminids through the broken
cloud, and saw some auroral activity in the gaps, rays and some bands from
time to time. Saw 3 bright meteors and one slow, slightly orange one, which
broke into 4 fragments at the end of its path from Auriga to Cassiopea.
Very nice :-).

Clouds are forecast to get worse with rain later tonight :-(.

--

Paul B, York, UK.

York Astronomical Society
www.yorkastro.co.uk
Please buy from the YAS web shop and help YAS raise funds

Old December 15th 06, 03:11 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Hazel Webb

WaltA wrote:
Lots of radio-aurora activity being reported across northern europe.
Solar and geomag v.active

cloudy here !

anyone in the north got clear sky ?

I'm afraid the cloudy skies are my fault. I took delivery of a 10"
Lightbridge yesterday. I predict clouds for a month at least now... :-(

Hazel

Old December 15th 06, 03:48 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
WaltA

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 02:11:42 GMT, Hazel Webb wrote:
I'm afraid the cloudy skies are my fault. I took delivery of a 10"

How dare you ! That is outrageous, did you ask our permission first !
(/joke)

But seriously folks,
After I posted it all began to look a bit decreasing, but since then
it has developed into quite a big storm,
Kps in the 7 to 8 region (Costello)
Auroral oval into Scotland
Sodankyla variation up to 2000nT (ive not seen it over 800 for a long
time !)
Lancaster in Amber
and Berkeley Dial in the Red

still cloudy tho' grrrr (puts Hazel in the sin bin )
arggghhh

Old December 15th 06, 04:16 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
WaltA

and a visual in Isle of Lewis
(but they would up there !)
and lots of visuals across the USA (but they would as well !!)

I'm depressed and going to bed !

Old December 15th 06, 04:19 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
WaltA

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:44:41 -0000, Paul
Very nice :-).

grrr !

Aurora 10 Nov 20:00 ! Jo UK Astronomy 0 November 10th 04 09:51 PM
AURORA OUTLOOK: Sky watchers should be alert for aurora tonight Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 0 March 9th 04 06:00 PM
aurora? Gavin Whittaker UK Astronomy 6 November 20th 03 08:54 PM
Aurora in N.Y.!!!!!! Tom Rankin Amateur Astronomy 7 November 2nd 03 04:43 PM
saw my first aurora ! adam bootle UK Astronomy 2 October 6th 03 11:52 AM