Deep Crescent image

Old September 4th 03, 04:52 PM
Johannes Schedler

Default Deep Crescent image

I would like to share a new image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus, taken
with the Canon 10D digicam, visually the nebula was completely invisible
even with the UHC filter, but the 10D with the C11 at f/6 did a good job.

I like the result, as there are different emission areas visible
giving a lot of colors and structure with just one filter!

Result and image details at:
http://panther-observatory.com/deepsky.htm#85

Hope you enjoy it like me,

Johannes
http://panther-observatory.com

Old September 4th 03, 06:24 PM
Michael Richmann

Johannes Schedler wrote:

I would like to share a new image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus, taken
with the Canon 10D digicam, visually the nebula was completely invisible
even with the UHC filter, but the 10D with the C11 at f/6 did a good job.

I like the result, as there are different emission areas visible
giving a lot of colors and structure with just one filter!

Result and image details at:
http://panther-observatory.com/deepsky.htm#85

Hope you enjoy it like me,

I did. Nice image, excellent color and detail.
--
Mike
http://www.concentric.net/~richmann/
Old October 2nd 03, 04:09 PM
Johannes Schedler

Jack,
sorry for your inconvenience!

ad 1
If you cannot open the image after saving, there was a failure during
download, my images all are standard jpg.

ad 2
The images are taken with a big chip and compressing too much reduces image
quality.
I am trying to keep the size between 150 and 300 kB. Most users now have
quicker connections and appreciate the better quality of the images at
longer download time.

ad 3
Richard Crisp is a amateur astronomer, he did very nice false color images
with narrowband filters.
The link is at his name.

take care,
Johannes

"Jack Schmidling" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

"Johannes Schedler"

I would like to share a new image of the Crescent Nebula in Cygnus,

taken
with the Canon 10D digicam, visually the nebula was completely invisible
even with the UHC filter, but the 10D with the C11 at f/6 did a good

job.

Indeed. In fact, the image I was going to post is going to the re-do

file.

Three questions:

1. Why can't I open the image in my viewer after saving it?

2. I would like to look at more of your images but I would not live long
enough. It took over 5 minutes to load this one and it says it was less
than half a meg.

3. Who is R. Crisp?

js

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK http://schmidling.netfirms.com/weekly.htm
HOME: Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Sausage, Videos