ASTRO: NGC 134

Old October 11th 14, 10:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 134

NGC 134 is a galaxy in Sculptor. I had the marker “bright” in my notes, but
it wasn’t as bright as I expected it to be.
It also has a tidal tail to the upper left, which is only hinted at in my
image.
I like the small “C” shaped galaxy group to the left of the upper tip of NGC
134.

Taken from Namibia (Kiripotib farm), 10” Meade ACF on a MK100 mount, Trius
SX694 camera, 11x10min lum, 3x10min RGB each.
Image scale is 0,69”/Pixel.

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	134colourkleingut.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	5332
Old October 12th 14, 09:20 AM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That one would fit in Arp's Wind Effects class. He has a list of peculiar ones in the southern sky. I need to look up if this is on that list.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post