New Member Intro Thread

Old May 14th 12, 02:01 AM
Tim (Savageagle) Durham Tim (Savageagle) Durham is offline
Junior Member

Location: Squaw Valley, Ca, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Default New Member Intro Thread

Hello all at Spacebanter. My name is Tim, Cherokee name is savageagle.
I have been interested in anything space since I was very young as father began working for Lockheed (Sunnyvale,Ca) in 1957. Throughout his carreer I was exposed to all his projects as he worked with NASA and the Navy Dept. He worked on all the manned space flight projects from the very begginning to the shuttle program until he retired in 1991. I have followed things through the years and developed my own interests in various areas. I began my amatuer radio interest in 1995 and quickly became interested in satelite tracking and AmSat. I currently run several programs (PC) tracking satelites and run various ham radio programs to communicate with satelites, the shuttle ham operators and ISS.
My father was an excellent engineer and developed and engineered most all panels housing gauges and switches. He worked on the Trident program and engineered the plugin modules (Shuttle) that housed the various research animals. He engineered the panels for the lunar rover and the lander as well.
I have album after album of data and photos covering the Gemini and Apollo programs and the early shuttle missions.
This is my 1st post and as time passes I will begin to read the many threads and posts of the different catagories. So far what I have read leads me to believe this is a place I will Love as it covers much.
I am into amatuer astronomy and research everything I see in the sky as I do spend most nights outside when most are asleep. I look forward to learning many things from this site as well as sharing my thoughts and experiences
I hope starting this new thread is ok as I did not find a place for new members to introduce themselves. Maybe newer members will find it and introduce themselves as well. It's a good 1st post for a new member and if I was already a member I would like for new members to say hi.
Anyway, glad to be here and look forward to mingling with the group.
Thanks and Cheers to all!
Old July 20th 12, 08:22 AM
Daniel25 Daniel25 is offline
Junior Member

Hi guys am new member here and its really good forum its very informative and good platform for scientific information i really like it..

cleaning carpets

Last edited by Daniel25 : July 21st 12 at 09:08 AM.

The New Gravity intro thejohnlreed Misc 8 November 4th 11 06:38 AM
intro [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 November 2nd 07 12:36 PM
intro help [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 10 December 2nd 05 02:17 AM
Intro & Question Reaper UK Astronomy 0 February 15th 05 09:43 PM
FITS Intro Tony FITS 2 April 1st 04 10:24 AM