ASTRO: Pluto reduced to 67%

Old July 8th 10, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Pluto reduced to 67%

I decided the field was easier to see at this reduced size and allowed
me to save it at a higher setting without blowing the image byte size
through the roof. Otherwise its the same image.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PLUTO-L20RGB2X10-67.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	3018
Old July 9th 10, 06:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Skywise

Default ASTRO: Pluto reduced to 67% - 1 attachment

You seem to have a couple other moving objects as well. I've
circled them in the attached.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PLUTO-L20RGB2X10-67 - other.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	3019
Old July 9th 10, 10:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 7/9/2010 12:03 AM, Skywise wrote:
You seem to have a couple other moving objects as well. I've
circled them in the attached.

Brian

Boy you have a good eye. I knew of several in the image, you found the
two brightest.

Northern one you circle is (10696) 1981 EO24 at magnitude 17.0 while the
other you circled is (31242) 1998 DO10 at magnitude 16.1. It is moving
a bit faster so appears no brighter. There are 3 others in the
magnitude 19 range that I can find as I know exactly where to look but
against the bright Milky Way they are barely seen.

I figured these two too difficult so didn't mention them. See they came
through so well in red that little red dot beside them helped show them
up! Still I didn't count on such eagle eyes out there. Nice spotting.

Rick

Old July 9th 10, 10:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_6_]

I agree with Rick. You must have some sharp eyes! How's it going, Brian?
Haven't heard from you in a while.

George

"Skywise" wrote in message
You seem to have a couple other moving objects as well. I've
circled them in the attached.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

are you true, I mean, protecting depending on reduced bowels Y. F. Levene, DDS Amateur Astronomy 0 December 29th 07 06:07 PM
Gravity NEUTRALIZING Air / Spacecraft, or ZERO / REDUCED-Gravi... Bill Sheppard Misc 2 December 20th 05 01:17 PM
New astro art of Pluto and its new moons astrobob Astronomy Misc 0 November 18th 05 06:45 AM
Price reduced Frodo Amateur Astronomy 0 June 11th 05 03:53 AM
Binoculars w/reduced effective apertures Sketcher Amateur Astronomy 12 January 22nd 05 03:06 AM