ASTRO: NGC7000 widefield from P300 EDIF and PL39000M

Old June 1st 10, 06:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC7000 widefield from P300 EDIF and PL39000M

I took this under basically a full moon on sunday night. I used the 6x7
pentax 300mm EDIF lens and an FLI PL39000M with an Halpha filter. polar
alignment is super critical with these widefield shots. this is 4.5 hours
total exposure (18 x 15 minutes)

there are some interesting dark lanes surrounding the NGC7000 area.

be sure to look at the full resolution image (~39Mpixels)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...alpha_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc7000_p300ed_f4_pl39km_fli_rsrch_ha_18x15min_svga.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	2959
Old June 1st 10, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 6/1/2010 12:34 AM, Richard Crisp wrote:
I took this under basically a full moon on sunday night. I used the 6x7
pentax 300mm EDIF lens and an FLI PL39000M with an Halpha filter. polar
alignment is super critical with these widefield shots. this is 4.5 hours
total exposure (18 x 15 minutes)

there are some interesting dark lanes surrounding the NGC7000 area.

be sure to look at the full resolution image (~39Mpixels)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...alpha_page.htm

You also picked up along the western edge Sh2-112 and the much larger
but fainter Sh2-115 above it. 112 virtually fills my FOV so haven't
tried imaging 115 but did get a good LRGB of 112 as it is quite bright.

That came out well with the low H alpha sensitivity of that camera. No
imaging here for quite some time, raining again tonight ut we need all
we can get. We get clouds and a mist or drizzle but little in useful
rain so really dry up here. Old record of late.

Rick

Old June 1st 10, 02:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
. com...
On 6/1/2010 12:34 AM, Richard Crisp wrote:
I took this under basically a full moon on sunday night. I used the 6x7
pentax 300mm EDIF lens and an FLI PL39000M with an Halpha filter. polar
alignment is super critical with these widefield shots. this is 4.5 hours
total exposure (18 x 15 minutes)

there are some interesting dark lanes surrounding the NGC7000 area.

be sure to look at the full resolution image (~39Mpixels)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc...alpha_page.htm

You also picked up along the western edge Sh2-112 and the much larger but
fainter Sh2-115 above it. 112 virtually fills my FOV so haven't tried
imaging 115 but did get a good LRGB of 112 as it is quite bright.

When I processed the data I saw the SH2-112 object there. I didn't realize I
had picked it up when I shot the image

here's another shot of SH2-112

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...er_ha_page.htm

Old June 1st 10, 10:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard,

very good deep image. This sensor covers a lot of sky with good resolution.

Stefan