ASTRO: another quick and dirty: this time NGC7K s2/ha/o3

Old August 16th 09, 12:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: another quick and dirty: this time NGC7K s2/ha/o3

I added three hours and 15 minutes of sulfur and two hours and 45 minutes of
oxygen to my one hour and 15 minutes of Halpha that you have previously seen

The total exposure time is now 7H15min

it is still grainy and noisy and this was only processed on my laptop.
Expect a somewhat better version in the next 48 hours

this was taken using the AP155EDF f/7 and PL16803 using FLI branded filters.
They work great!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc7000_ap155edf_pl16803_fli_s2hao3_7hrs15min_svga.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	2561
Old August 16th 09, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
m...
I added three hours and 15 minutes of sulfur and two hours and 45 minutes
of oxygen to my one hour and 15 minutes of Halpha that you have previously
seen

The total exposure time is now 7H15min

it is still grainy and noisy and this was only processed on my laptop.
Expect a somewhat better version in the next 48 hours

this was taken using the AP155EDF f/7 and PL16803 using FLI branded
filters. They work great!

I'll say. Very nice!!!

Old August 16th 09, 11:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard,

looks great at this size, I guess the noise you mentioned only shows up in
the full scale image.

Stefan

m...