ASTRO: M13 widefield

Old May 28th 09, 02:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M13 widefield

15 x 10 minutes; ap180edt f/9 and PL39000C

several galaxies in the shot, some are actually resolved pretty well.

the colors are a bit subdued, I probably should have taken shorter subs....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m13...pl39K_page.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m13-ap180edt_f9_baader_pl39k_15x10min_svga.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2466
Old May 28th 09, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
15 x 10 minutes; ap180edt f/9 and PL39000C

several galaxies in the shot, some are actually resolved pretty well.

the colors are a bit subdued, I probably should have taken shorter subs....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m13...pl39K_page.htm

The AP sure has nice stars right to the edge of that huge chip.

Rick

Old May 29th 09, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
ster.com...
Richard Crisp wrote:
15 x 10 minutes; ap180edt f/9 and PL39000C

several galaxies in the shot, some are actually resolved pretty well.

the colors are a bit subdued, I probably should have taken shorter
subs....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m13...pl39K_page.htm

The AP sure has nice stars right to the edge of that huge chip.

Rick

Rick, the more I use it the better I like it.

You are not the first person to notice just that today..... I guess it takes
a glob to show its stuff...

There's one on the Anacortes website on auction. I heard the price is still
at $15,100

I bought mine in 2003 for $14,300 but I think I remember one selling in 2007
for over $20K

I guess the economy is dragging them down a bit....

Old May 29th 09, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

here it is

http://www.astromart.com/auctions/de...uction_id=5134

Old May 29th 09, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

Richard,

Is there a field flattener in use in the image, I find that with my
TOA150 I need a flattener.

Robert Price

Old May 30th 09, 02:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Richard Crisp" schreef in bericht
m...

Richard Crisp wrote:
15 x 10 minutes; ap180edt f/9 and PL39000C

several galaxies in the shot, some are actually resolved pretty well.

the colors are a bit subdued, I probably should have taken shorter
subs....

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m13...pl39K_page.htm

The AP sure has nice stars right to the edge of that huge chip.

Rick

Rick, the more I use it the better I like it.

You are not the first person to notice just that today..... I guess it
takes a glob to show its stuff...

There's one on the Anacortes website on auction. I heard the price is
still at $15,100

I bought mine in 2003 for $14,300 but I think I remember one selling in
2007 for over $20K

I guess the economy is dragging them down a bit....

rick, I really admire your images, but I also have to admire the amount of
money you obviously can spend on your hobby!
regards
md

Old May 30th 09, 07:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Robert Price" wrote in message
Richard,

Is there a field flattener in use in the image, I find that with my
TOA150 I need a flattener.

Absolutely there is a flattener Robert....

Old May 30th 09, 07:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

md wrote in message ...

rick, I really admire your images, but I also have to admire the amount of
money you obviously can spend on your hobby!
regards
md

well it keeps me broke MD..... everytime I have an extra $1000 laying around
I find a way to spend it on astro gear

Old June 6th 09, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very nice image, M13 looks impressively big in the full resolution image,
and stars are sharp even in the largest version.

Stefan

m...