ASTRO: B&C 24 test photo

Old December 3rd 08, 05:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
jerry warner[_26_]

Default ASTRO: B&C 24 test photo

Grabbed this duing the summer on our Boller Chivens\
24" at Pal-Dows. (Canon 350). Can anyone hazard a guess
what is going on with the triangular star patterns? We have
lazar collimated the scope three times and cant get rid of the
pattern.

Thanks,
Jerry

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC 24 600350963.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	2267
Old December 3rd 08, 08:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

jerry warner wrote:
Grabbed this duing the summer on our Boller Chivens\
24" at Pal-Dows. (Canon 350). Can anyone hazard a guess
what is going on with the triangular star patterns? We have
lazar collimated the scope three times and cant get rid of the
pattern.

Thanks,
Jerry

When I've seen such stars it has always been due to a pinched mirror.
Sounds like some clips on the primary or secondary are too tight.

Rick