astro: ngc6960 mosaic

Old August 4th 08, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Default astro: ngc6960 mosaic

this is my first attempt at a mosaic....
(2x)3x20 minutes
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 CCD Camera
cropped & reduced to 25%
half size(3.08),
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observator...osaic_half.jpg
full size(9.71M),
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observator...osaic_full.jpg

--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc6960_mosaic_quarter.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	2106
Old August 5th 08, 01:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod[_3_]

Good grief John - I hope your ISP is not mad a you regarding bandwidth
usage because I clicked on your "full" link?? LOL Super mosaic.

- ready for Edouard ?? - take care - Rod

Old August 5th 08, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Thanks Rod! I work for my isp so it will be ok for a while. Looks like
the storm will head north of me.

Old August 6th 08, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

this is my first attempt at a mosaic....
(2x)3x20 minutes
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 CCD Camera
cropped & reduced to 25%
half size(3.08),
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observator...osaic_half.jpg
full size(9.71M),
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observator...osaic_full.jpg

Nice mosaic. I've never been able to get my seams to mesh so you didn't
see a huge processing difference between them even when I processed them
exactly the same.

Full files are just too big for me to download on my flaky connection.
Lightning hit the lines and they lost the high speed so I'm stuck at
19k, a fraction of ordinary dialup. Even this file was a 10 minute
download. Don't know when I'll get a better connection but even that is
only 128k so the full file is too big. How about compressing them some
for those of us who stuck at slow speed?

Rick

Old August 6th 08, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

I got the half scale compressed to about 1.3MB,
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observator...compressed.jpg

Old August 9th 08, 02:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Nice picture. Even with the wide field of your setup you would probably need
two more fields to get the whole Cirrus complex.

Stefan

m...