ASTRO: 8 hours of Sulfur/Hydrogen and Oxygen in IC1396

Old July 5th 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: 8 hours of Sulfur/Hydrogen and Oxygen in IC1396

Finally this is starting to take shape

It is at about 8 hours of exposure

I am finding a number of issues that need to be investigated.

Mostly it seems that there's some mechnical play inside my lens that is
causing it to wobble a bit

when it is straight the stars are good edge to edge but when it wobbles some
of them get distorted.

probably a screw worked loose and it may be very hard to get to...

Still no flats or darks yet....

I've tried posting this at higher rez twice today but it doesn't seem to be
going through. apologies if they all end up going through and we have three
or four such postings :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ic1396_p400_pl9k_haader_ha_FLI_O3S2_24_20min_xga.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	2020
Old July 5th 08, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_4_]

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
Finally this is starting to take shape

It is at about 8 hours of exposure

I am finding a number of issues that need to be investigated.

Mostly it seems that there's some mechnical play inside my lens that is
causing it to wobble a bit

when it is straight the stars are good edge to edge but when it wobbles
some
of them get distorted.

probably a screw worked loose and it may be very hard to get to...

Still no flats or darks yet....

I've tried posting this at higher rez twice today but it doesn't seem to
be going through. apologies if they all end up going through and we have
three or four such postings :-)

Wow. That's a great image, Richard. Now, if you could only add infrared!!!
lol.

George

Old July 10th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

Great job Richard!

--
John N. Gretchen III
N5JNG NCS304
Old July 10th 08, 03:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard,

as usual your images get better and better with more frames added...

Stefan