ASTRO: The Cave Nebula Sh2 - 155 in Ha with 3 object Herbig-Haro

Old October 15th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Default ASTRO: The Cave Nebula Sh2 - 155 in Ha with 3 object Herbig-Haro

Hi all,

I just wanted to share some new images grabbed over the last month
of the Cave Nebula (Sh2 - 155) in Halpha with apparent field 1,4° x 2,1°,
3,51"/pixel, in Cepheus.
In the included map is brought the positions of the objects Herbig-Haro
(HH 168, 169, 174), dense and irregular nebulae with to the inside probable
stellar nucleuses.
The posting and the setup for the photo it is visible to the link:
http://www.danilopivato.com/introduc..._II_gm2000.htm

Instead to enjoy the photo of the Cave neb they are to disposition file in
version:
- standard
- hires 1600 x 1073 pixel
- detail in real pixel
beginning from:
www.danilopivato.com

Danilo Pivato
E-mail:
Web:
www.danilopivato.com
Tabulae Coeli: http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_coeli/abstract.htm

Old October 15th 07, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Danilo Pivato wrote:

[...]

I finally realized I had to click on home to see the image. You picked
up the faint parts very well.

I tried this guy a while back but my filter wheel wasn't positioning
correctly due to a loose screw making the flats useless. I tried
processing it but didn't like the result as I lost the faint nebulosity
you picked up so well as I had to set my black way too high to hide the
donuts I couldn't flat field out. Seeing your shot I'll try again to
salvage it or retake it if the clouds ever part.

Rick

Old October 16th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Danilo, it looks like the mount is capable of handling the scope :-)
And a very nice image too.

Stefan

Old October 17th 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Rick,

Thanks!
I hope that you are successful!
Regards,

Old October 17th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Danilo Pivato

Oh yes Stefan,

that telescope is my new... seeker! ;-)
Thank you,
Clear skies!

Old October 17th 07, 02:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that is a nice image Danilo

Since this is a "binaries" group, it is expected that you attach an actual
image to your posting.

Sometimes your images are a bit difficult to find on your website: you post
a link and then the link may not go to the image as in this case

why not post a reduced resolution version of the image as an attachment to
your posting like everyone else does on this group?

As I can tell you are the only regular poster that doesn't attach an actual
binary image

Please give that consideration. You should still post the link to your
website to the details, map and high res image but you really should attach
a small (800 x 600?) binary image to your posting please.

I wasn't aware of the HH objects so close by. Do you think I have them in
this image?

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2..._adha_page.htm

"Danilo Pivato" wrote in message
[...]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2_155_ap180_6303_adha_17x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1317