ASTRO: early CassA s2/ha/o3

Old September 30th 07, 08:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: early CassA s2/ha/o3

weather and other things have been interfering with my Cass A project. Not
been doing much of any astro at all including groups

but here's a bit of [SII] added to my previous Cass A Ha and [OIII] data

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cassA_s2hao3_sgbnr_svga.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	1270
Old September 30th 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
weather and other things have been interfering with my Cass A project. Not
been doing much of any astro at all including groups

but here's a bit of [SII] added to my previous Cass A Ha and [OIII] data

What's the palette? Seems each filter saw it's own parts with little
overlap.

Rick

Old October 1st 07, 06:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I can match it to features in my shot but there are lots of bits in my
LRGB shot apparently not due at all to those three emission lines. Lots
going on in this guy.

Rick

Old October 1st 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Nice close view... hours to go... I hope everyone understands how difficult
it is to get enough good data at your FL... and using these filters to
boot!... I suppose we all should move to NM....

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
t...

Old October 1st 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..
Nice close view... hours to go... I hope everyone understands how
difficult
it is to get enough good data at your FL... and using these filters to
boot!... I suppose we all should move to NM....

Ahh, yes: a person that Really UNDERSTANDS......

As to the last comment, I recently purchased a 160 acre cattle/horse ranch,
grape farm in Mariposa county California about 40 miles west of Yosemite.
With the dark skies out there I will actually be able to do some unfiltered
and RGB imaging!

here are a few pix:

Should be moving soon. House is for sale now in case anyone is intersted in
my 1 acre / 7500 sq ft home/shop in Castro Valley:

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
t...
weather and other things have been interfering with my Cass A project.
Not
been doing much of any astro at all including groups

but here's a bit of [SII] added to my previous Cass A Ha and [OIII] data

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16025_09.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1271  Click image for larger version

Name:	16025.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1272  Click image for larger version

Name:	16025_03.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1273  Click image for larger version

Name:	16025_04.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1274  Click image for larger version

Name:	16025_07.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1275

Old October 1st 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

I will try the Helium II filter too and maybe the [NII] filter but I don't
expect much in the [NII} since I didn't see much in the Halpha that is 4.5nm
wide which should pick up some of the [NII]

news

Old October 1st 07, 05:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

If you haven't done so, compare to my white light view at:
http://www.prairieastronomyclub.org/...B2X10CROP2.jpg
URL gives exposure info. It shows strong color as if it was mostly
emission line yet only parts show in the three Richard used. Lots of
bits and pieces never registered in his or Stefan's narrow band. Will
be interesting to see how adding other lines will change it.

Rick

Old October 1st 07, 05:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I had a friend who grew up in Mariposa county but unfortunately his
folks only lived a few miles southeast of town where it was highly
developed. Also far higher hills than in your shots blocked the view to
the east. My wife grew up in Le Grand down in the valley less than an
hour west but at only a couple hundred feet above sea level skies
weren't as steady as at his place, but darker as he was too close to
Mariposa itself on commercially too developed highway 49. Actually he
was just a walk down the road from Mormon Bar So you are moving to an
area I visited quite a few times.

Rick

Richard Crisp wrote:

"Doug W." wrote in message
. ..

Nice close view... hours to go... I hope everyone understands how
difficult
it is to get enough good data at your FL... and using these filters to
boot!... I suppose we all should move to NM....

Ahh, yes: a person that Really UNDERSTANDS......

As to the last comment, I recently purchased a 160 acre cattle/horse ranch,
grape farm in Mariposa county California about 40 miles west of Yosemite.
With the dark skies out there I will actually be able to do some unfiltered
and RGB imaging!

here are a few pix:

Should be moving soon. House is for sale now in case anyone is intersted in
my 1 acre / 7500 sq ft home/shop in Castro Valley:

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com
. net...

Old October 3rd 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Richard, I hope you get more data. Especially the SII would be interesting
(I guess SII is blue in your image?) as I have not seen any SII images of
CassA while I _think_ I read somewhere in the description of the Hubble
picture that SII is quite strong.

Stefan

t...