ASTRO: Sharpless 2-129 in Halpha

Old August 12th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Sharpless 2-129 in Halpha

this is from a 6x7 SMC Pentax 200mm f/4 lens used with an FLI CM10 camera
with a Baader 50mm x 50mm Square Halpha filter in an FLI CFW4-5 filter wheel
with FLI PDF focuser

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...sq_ha_page.htm

it is a total of 16 x 20 minutes or 5h 20m

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2_54_mk1sn2_dm_geg_cs4_ha_4x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1097
Old August 12th 07, 03:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

wrong pic

here's the right one:

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
this is from a 6x7 SMC Pentax 200mm f/4 lens used with an FLI CM10 camera
with a Baader 50mm x 50mm Square Halpha filter in an FLI CFW4-5 filter
wheel
with FLI PDF focuser

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...sq_ha_page.htm

it is a total of 16 x 20 minutes or 5h 20m

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2_129_p200_cm10_baader_ha_16x20min_svga.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	1098
Old August 12th 07, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:

wrong pic

here's the right one:

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message

this is from a 6x7 SMC Pentax 200mm f/4 lens used with an FLI CM10 camera
with a Baader 50mm x 50mm Square Halpha filter in an FLI CFW4-5 filter
wheel
with FLI PDF focuser

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/sh2...sq_ha_page.htm

it is a total of 16 x 20 minutes or 5h 20m

Waiting for the color version. Looking good so far!

At least I'm not the only one to grab the wrong shot. The more of these
huge Sharpless objects you run the more I need to find room in the
budget for a wide field something. Budget just took an unexpected hit
so guess it will have to wait. More time to figure out what I want.

Got some sky tonight. Horrid humidity so transparency is down. And for
some reason the cosmic ray hits have returned. Last April and May they
were hitting nearly every shot then suddenly were gone. Now they are
back and far worse. I tried to get the nova again tonight to see if it
is changing and while it wasn't needed I had the guider running. Cosmic
rays were hitting in the guide box which is only 35 pixels wide! The
guider started chasing them so turned it off but the individual frames
have dozens of hits in one minute. We did have a nasty thunderstorm
last night. Did something come in with that? With the big chip they
are all over the place. This will be a real test of sigma reject!

Ever hear of this? No they aren't Perseids. They are going all
directions. They cover 8 to 10 pixels at most.

If the observatory starts to glow I'll know why!

Rick

Old August 13th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

All these look nice Richard... I guess you could spend the rest of your time
on Earth shooting the detail in the Sharpless objects.... in Ha anyway...

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old August 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Another great image. This is definately one I have to try too. It will be a
tight fit with my camera at 200mm focal length.

Stefan