Bloody weather

Old July 1st 07, 08:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Muttsdanglers

Default Bloody weather

Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

Old July 1st 07, 09:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Muttsdanglers

Default Astro:- Bloody weather

Sorry i forgot the "Astro"

.uk...

Old July 1st 07, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Muttsdanglers wrote:
Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

Same here. Only light in the sky is from lightning. Little rain
unfortunately. Cleared last night -- after they set of course.
Rick

Old July 1st 07, 01:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
md

"Muttsdanglers" wrote in message
.uk...
Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

same here, for weeks in a row already...... :-(

--
Martijn (astro-at-pff-software.nl)
10" LX200, Coronado PST, William Optics Z80

Old July 1st 07, 08:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [1 of 3] - IMG_10298_small.jpg (0/1)

"Muttsdanglers" wrote:

Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

Not great pics, but it sounds like we got a lot luckier with the
weather than some others.

We had a few high scattered clouds (and the usual issues with smog &
light pollution), but managed to get some images.

This one was taken at 8:32 (after local sunset at 8:08) peaking
through the palm tree & high clouds. Camera used was a Canon EOS
Rebel XT with a 300mm lens.

MomDude
Old July 1st 07, 08:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [1 of 3] - IMG_10298_small.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_10298_small.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	992
Old July 1st 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [2 of 3] - IMG_10300_small.jpg (0/1)

"Muttsdanglers" wrote:

Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

Not great pics, but it sounds like we got a lot luckier with the
weather than some others.

We had a few high scattered clouds (and the usual issues with smog &
light pollution), but managed to get some images.

This one was taken at 8:34 (after local sunset at 8:08) and shows the
nice sunset and high clouds, but barely shows Saturn. Camera used was
a Canon EOS Rebel XT with a 70mm lens.

MomDude
Old July 1st 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [2 of 3] - IMG_10300_small.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_10300_small.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	993
Old July 1st 07, 09:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [3 of 3] - IMG_10309_small.jpg (0/1)

"Muttsdanglers" wrote:

Has anyone managed to get a shot of Venus and Saturn, ive had my LX200 and
DSLR ready for days and i have had nothing but cloud and rain
The heavens are just not being kind to me at the moment, bloody weather!!

Not great pics, but it sounds like we got a lot luckier with the
weather than some others.

We had a few high scattered clouds (and the usual issues with smog &
light pollution), but managed to get some images.

This one was taken at 9:04 (after local sunset at 8:08). Camera used

Old July 1st 07, 09:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
MomDude

Default ASTRO: Venus & Saturn from LA (was Bloody weather) [3 of 3] - IMG_10309_small.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_10309_small.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	994

Bloody hell! The Re'ev Misc 0 November 7th 05 02:15 PM
Why are Atheists so bloody Ignorant? ROM SPACE KNIGHT NURSE Amateur Astronomy 5 December 27th 04 08:46 PM
Bloody "cookies" and yahoo Rich Amateur Astronomy 38 October 27th 04 10:52 PM
Bloody Astrologers Bernie UK Astronomy 21 June 11th 04 07:12 PM
Bloody Scottish Weather Bill. UK Astronomy 8 June 8th 04 09:54 AM