ASTRO: DSLR image of M97 - M97_Owl_neb_crop.jpg (0/1)

Old April 22nd 07, 09:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price

Default ASTRO: DSLR image of M97 - M97_Owl_neb_crop.jpg (0/1)

From Blue Knob, PA. 20 April 2007. Taken with an NP-101 at F/5.4.
Single 20 minute exposue with a Hutech Canon 350D.
Old April 26th 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Robert Price" wrote
From Blue Knob, PA. 20 April 2007. Taken with an NP-101 at F/5.4.
Single 20 minute exposue with a Hutech Canon 350D.

Great image Robert!! The camera and scope work well together.

Maybe you can now re-name "Blue Knob, PA" to "Bluish-green Nebula, PA"!! It
would fit in with my favorite Pennsylvania town: "Starlight, PA".

George N

Old April 26th 07, 05:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:

"Robert Price" wrote

From Blue Knob, PA. 20 April 2007. Taken with an NP-101 at F/5.4.
Single 20 minute exposue with a Hutech Canon 350D.

Great image Robert!! The camera and scope work well together.

Maybe you can now re-name "Blue Knob, PA" to "Bluish-green Nebula, PA"!! It
would fit in with my favorite Pennsylvania town: "Starlight, PA".

George N

Up here we have some astronomical rural roads but I'm not lucky enough
to live on one. My area is all named for flora and fauna

Whoever named them has a sense of humor. Two side by side streets are
Humble drive and Humvee drive. A Mexican restaurant is on Fajita Dr. A
church on Faith Lane. The streets were named only a couple years ago
after a century of not having any official names. So the names were
picked intentionally.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECLIPSE.JPJ.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	751  Click image for larger version

Name:	HALFMOON.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	752
Old April 27th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

From Blue Knob, PA. 20 April 2007. Taken with an NP-101 at F/5.4.
Single 20 minute exposue with a Hutech Canon 350D.

Great image Robert!! The camera and scope work well together.

Maybe you can now re-name "Blue Knob, PA" to "Bluish-green Nebula, PA"!!
It
would fit in with my favorite Pennsylvania town: "Starlight, PA".

Up here we have some astronomical rural roads but I'm not lucky enough
to live on one. My area is all named for flora and fauna

Whoever named them has a sense of humor. Two side by side streets are
Humble drive and Humvee drive. A Mexican restaurant is on Fajita Dr. A
church on Faith Lane. The streets were named only a couple years ago
after a century of not having any official names. So the names were
picked intentionally.

Rick,

I love those names! There's no sense in getting too serious about place
names! LOL!!!!!

BTW, "Starlight, PA" is appropriately named: It's a tiny town in the
"northeast kingdom" area of Pennsylvania and is very dark. I don't think
they have a grocery store in the county, but it would probably make a great
address to sell astronomy stuff from! One of my other favorite astro-names
is Hamilton College's "Foggybottom Observatory".

Half Moon?? I was born about a half mile from Half Moon Point on the
north side of the Mohawk where it enters the Hudson. It's in the Town of
Half Moon. The point was named by Henry Hudson in 1609 for his ship the
'Half Moon' even though he couldn't get the ship that far up the river.

George N