ASTRO: Lunar Crater Bullialdus

Old March 31st 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Lunar Crater Bullialdus

The seeing was poor and temp was below freezing, but I wanted to get out
under the sky, so here is the result of one run with a Celestron NextImage
webcam at prime focus of our 20-inch F/8.1 OGS RC Cass. I used 150 of about
800 images. Considering how bad the seeing was, and the fact that an RC is
not exactly a 'lunar' scope, this came out OK. Why I was using the RC rather
than the A-P refractor I don't know!

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bullialdus.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	577
Old April 3rd 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

George,

I'm not exactly an expert on moon images, but it looks good to me.
Considering the detail the 20 incher produces on galaxies it can't be too
bad ;-)

Stefan

Old April 4th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Stefan Lilge" wrote

I'm not exactly an expert on moon images, but it looks good to me.
Considering the detail the 20 incher produces on galaxies it can't be too
bad ;-)

Stefan,

The seeing is generally rotten in the Northeast USA and Eastern Canada
thanks to the jet stream and the great lakes. Also, the scopes at Kopernik
are at a disadvantage because of being in domes. The seeing is always better
in the open air. Countering all that: at least it's fairly dark here.

George N