Astro:Park

Old March 28th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

Default Astro:Park

You might wonder why a photo of a park? This is just a sample photo of the
park on the east side of Rosamond where I had a permit to set up my scope
for two nights. and while no one cam, it was a good place for viewing as
only 2 small house lights where on, unlike the megas down at forster freeze.
Only troble now if I don't have a car to get to it now so until I can get
some old wheels it's not going to be used much, but it was good with no tall
trees or anything else to block things from being seen.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide 1002.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	570
Old March 29th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Starlord" wrote
You might wonder why a photo of a park? This is just a sample photo of the
park on the east side of Rosamond where I had a permit to set up my
scope........

Hey, maybe we need 'astro parks'........ sort of like 'dog parks' for
astronomers!

Looks nice and open but what about those buildings? No lights? How safe is
it?

If you get back there maybe you can get a free add in a local community
paper saying what nights you'll be there.

George N

Old March 29th 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

For your news, the RCSD is working on a big new multi-use park and there is
going to be a model rocket area that I campained for and at night I can use
the same area for viewing alone with this park. Those are houses across the
park limits and it's about a city bock from where I stod and shot with my
200mm telephoto lens, the park is good sized and mostly for the homes in
that area and once I get a car I can get another permit (which I stated
anyway) to set up there, it's realy not a bad place.

Old March 29th 07, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Skywise

"Starlord" wrote in
:

You might wonder why a photo of a park? This is just a sample photo of the
park on the east side of Rosamond where I had a permit to set up my scope

Snipola

I'm sorry...a "permit"? Why would one need a permit to set up
a 'scope in a public park? Is there a massive influx of amateur
astronomers mucking up the city wontonly with their nightly
activities?

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old March 29th 07, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

It's very easy to figure out why a permit is needed, it is a county park as
Rosamond is not a true city yet, and as such the parks are run under the
county rules of operation, that is, they are open from 7am to 6pm, after
that time they close. So as there was no way to use them at night, I talked
to the people in charge of them and I got a permit system started, and it's
free and simple and it can be used for any of the parks and if you get a
permit and some cop car happens to drive by, you've got a copy that says
that you have the use of the park at that time. It's very simpal and very
good.
I have seen citys that do NOT have a permit and you can NOT use the park
after dark.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Skywise" wrote in message
"Starlord" wrote in
:

Old March 30th 07, 05:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Starlord

Everyone knows that all parks in Kern county are only open during the day
and I have seen the posted hours plus it's been in the newspapers too.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Skywise" wrote in message
"Starlord" wrote in news:HKydnWn-
:

It's very easy to figure out why a permit is needed, it is a county park
as
Rosamond is not a true city yet, and as such the parks are run under the
county rules of operation, that is, they are open from 7am to 6pm, after
that time they close. So as there was no way to use them at night, I
talked
to the people in charge of them and I got a permit system started, and
it's
free and simple and it can be used for any of the parks and if you get a
permit and some cop car happens to drive by, you've got a copy that says
that you have the use of the park at that time. It's very simpal and very
good.
I have seen citys that do NOT have a permit and you can NOT use the park
after dark.

Is this posted at the park?

I can only go by my personal experiences, but I have NEVER seen
hours posted at any park I have ever visited. If there were, they
weren't posted in an obvious manner.

Old March 30th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 13:07:46 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

You might wonder why a photo of a park? This is just a sample photo of the
park on the east side of Rosamond where I had a permit to set up my scope
for two nights. and while no one cam, it was a good place for viewing as
only 2 small house lights where on, unlike the megas down at forster freeze.
Only troble now if I don't have a car to get to it now so until I can get
some old wheels it's not going to be used much, but it was good with no tall
trees or anything else to block things from being seen.

You had to get a permit?!?!? It's not like a scope causes any noise
or other annoyance.

_..._
\_.._ `'-.,--,
'-._'-. `\a\\
'. `_.' (|
`7 ||
/ .' |
/_.-' ,J
/ \
|| / ;
_.. || | | /`\.-.
.' _ `\ `\ \ | \_/__/
/ /e)-,\ '. \ /.-` .'\
/ | ,_ | /\ `;_.-'_.-'`\_/
/ '-(-.)/ \_;(((_.-;
.'--. \ ` .(((_,;`'. \
/ `\ | _.--'`__.' `\ '-;\
/` | /.-' .--' '._.'\\
.' ; /__.-'` | \ |
.'`-'_ /_.'))) \_\,_/
/ -'_.'---;`'-)))
(__.'/ /` .'`
(_.'/ /` /`
_|.' /`
.-` __.'|
.-'|| |
\_`/
`
Old March 30th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Peter Hucker[_1_]

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 06:54:15 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

It's very easy to figure out why a permit is needed, it is a county park as
Rosamond is not a true city yet, and as such the parks are run under the
county rules of operation, that is, they are open from 7am to 6pm, after
that time they close. So as there was no way to use them at night, I talked
to the people in charge of them and I got a permit system started, and it's
free and simple and it can be used for any of the parks and if you get a
permit and some cop car happens to drive by, you've got a copy that says
that you have the use of the park at that time. It's very simpal and very
good.
I have seen citys that do NOT have a permit and you can NOT use the park
after dark.

Oh I see. Ignore my other post, didn't see this one first.

Girl with skirt up run faster than boy with trousers down!!

park owner Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 December 15th 06 11:21 PM
Monthly Park Astronomy Starlord Amateur Astronomy 2 November 10th 06 01:29 AM
park owner Starlord Amateur Astronomy 6 August 20th 06 12:42 PM
Park Starlord Amateur Astronomy 0 April 8th 04 08:42 PM