ASTRO: NGC1055 Right image this time

Old January 17th 07, 08:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC1055 Right image this time

I managed to post an image I thought I'd deleted. Here's the right one.
Shows the vertical bars on the dust lane better than the previous one.

14" LX200R@f/10, 6x5', STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

Old January 17th 07, 08:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC1055 Right image this time -- with image this time

ARGH! Then I forgot to attach it. That's what I get for posting and
imaging at the same time.
Rick

Rick Johnson wrote:

I managed to post an image I thought I'd deleted. Here's the right one.
Shows the vertical bars on the dust lane better than the previous one.

14" LX200R@f/10, 6x5', STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC1055_6X5S.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	353

Old January 18th 07, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Thanks, I liked how it turned out.

I took the 1073 shot just before it. Seeing for it was lousy. Only the
last frame did it stabilize. Then was great (or what passes for great
up here) for this shot. I don't understand seeing here at all. I could
predict it rather easily in Nebraska but up here it is a big mystery to
me. In Nebraska it changed slowly, up here it changes every 5 minutes.
Last night, just before snow moved in and the temp rose all night I
had great seeing. The night before with stable weather and temps slowly
falling through the night the seeing was awful. Jet stream was well
south so not the problem. I redid nearly everything last night. But
with the snow forecast didn't let the last shot run while I was in bed.
Good thing as it was snowing when I got up. As usual this winter,
nothing but flurries. We should have a 3/4 meter snow pack. Instead we
have 2 cm at most even after a day of "snow".

Rick