ASTRO: Hickson 99, Galaxy Group in Pegasus

Old November 29th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Hickson 99, Galaxy Group in Pegasus

A 15 minute exposure with an SBIG STL-1301E thru an OGS 20-in F/8.1 RC Cass.
The seeing was pretty poor. The field of view is about 12x14 arc minutes
with North at the top; image scale is .78 arc sec/pixel. I pushed the
processing to try and get something out of this image even with the poor
seeing.

Another failed attempt to find a supernova: SN 2006jb
(http://astro.berkeley.edu/~bait/2006/sn2006jb.html) is apparently now
dimmer than 20th magnitude.

Hickson 99 is a group of 15th to 18th mag galaxies in Pegasus; for more info
see: http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/hick99.htm

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hick99.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	185
Old November 29th 06, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

hey at least the skies were clear

that's all we have had lately is turbulent air when it was clear