ASTRO: Done, Fin, Ship-it!

Old November 28th 06, 09:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Done, Fin, Ship-it!

ok, now I am "balanced" 17 hours each Ha and [OIII]. I know I should go for
20 hours each....

anyway here it is in all its glory

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/jon...ao3o3_page.htm

I'm tired of looking at this puppy and am ready for something different!
rdc

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jones1_mk1sn2_cm10_geg_cs_hao3_34hrs_svga.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	182
Old November 29th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Whew! Since I know of no Jones 2 I guess you are done with the series.
I see you already did the other Jones (Emberson) 1.

Rick

Old November 29th 06, 05:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

Quite a bit of improvement... A good lesson for us as to what it takes to
gather signal through these filters at long FL.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old November 29th 06, 06:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote in message
Quite a bit of improvement... A good lesson for us as to what it takes to
gather signal through these filters at long FL.

Thankee Doug!

There's not a lot of signal there to begin with.

Here's a link to the POSS2 red plate (F). There's simply not much signal
there at all to begin with. I had about 100-125 ADU in each channel after
stacking via sigma-sum

http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinPre...D%202333%2B301

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old November 29th 06, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Jon Christensen

That's a big effort! I suppose that's not a record for exposure time these
days but it's an awful lot. That object must have given up everything she's
willing to....

Jon Christensen

Old November 29th 06, 06:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Jon Christensen" wrote in message
That's a big effort! I suppose that's not a record for exposure time
these days but it's an awful lot. That object must have given up
everything she's willing to....

It got shaken down pretty well Jon. Sort of like the bill collector in the
cartoons when we were kids holding the guy upside down and shaking
everything from his pockets :-)

Here's a link to the POSS2 red plate (F). There's simply not much signal
there at all to begin with. I had about 100-125 ADU in each channel after
stacking 34 x 30 minutes per filter via sigma-sum !!!

http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/AladinPre...D%202333%2B301

How to ship my telescope? tulika Amateur Astronomy 2 January 11th 07 10:32 AM
OT (?) Very strange ship Pat Flannery History 10 October 20th 06 01:23 AM
Air Ship To Space? ChrisV01 Technology 14 September 4th 04 03:09 AM
Space Ship 1 Double-A Misc 156 June 26th 04 10:56 AM
Next Space Ship Name => CALYPSO Dave Kenworthy Space Shuttle 4 March 2nd 04 09:21 PM