ASTRO: NGC 185 with some fuzzies identified

Old November 24th 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson

Default ASTRO: NGC 185 with some fuzzies identified

I tried identifying some of the fuzzies behind NGC 185 but oddly
couldn't find the "bright" one toward the upper right corner in any of
my data bases (limited) nor in NED or SIMBAD. I don't know why. A
couple I found only in the 2MASS catalog but only with their position
and that's right in the name so didn't tell me anything I didn't already
know. I was surprised to find a quasar in the picture however.

14" LX200R @ f/10, 7x6 minutes + 4x5 minutes binned 2x2, STL-11000M,
Paramount ME.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC185_7X6AND4X5ID.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	152
Old November 26th 06, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

I didn't notice the dust spots in NGC 185, good shooting. UGC 3078 also
looks quite interesting.
Quite "funny" how unspectacular a quasar looks from afar...

Stefan

Old November 26th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote
I tried identifying some of the fuzzies behind NGC 185 but oddly
couldn't find the "bright" one toward the upper right corner in any of
my data bases (limited) nor in NED or SIMBAD........

Rick,

Neat image!

I believe that the "graininess" is real in this galaxy too! I believe
that the dust is a result of interaction with M-31.

George N