Kistler Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Old July 30th 03, 09:57 PM
Rand Simberg

Default Kistler Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

On 30 Jul 2003 13:23:05 -0700, in a place far, far away,
(ed kyle) made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Kistler filed Chapter 11 today, with more than $600 million debt.
Report said that K-1 development was 75% complete.

Info at "http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/story/html/138864"

Interesting.

Of course, it's been 75% complete for many years.

My comments:

http://www.interglobal.org/weblog/ar...61.html#002861

Old July 31st 03, 04:31 PM
Reed Snellenberger

Default What happens to the engines now? was Kistler Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

The announcement was for a Chap 11 bankruptcy, so maybe there's a slim
chance that they'll survive and start flying... but what if they don't?

Are there any other potential uses for the NK-33 and NK43 engines that they
bought up (besides expensive lawn decorations)?

--
Reed Snellenberger
Old July 31st 03, 09:27 PM
gmw

A Sad if predictable end.

Old July 31st 03, 10:05 PM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:27:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, "gmw"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

A Sad if predictable end.

It's not necessarily the end. It's a restructuring. They may still
end up flying (though I've never been particularly thrilled with the
concept), but the initial investors will take a bath.

Old August 26th 03, 09:42 PM
Len

Reed Snellenberger wrote in message 5.158...
The announcement was for a Chap 11 bankruptcy, so maybe there's a slim
chance that they'll survive and start flying... but what if they don't?

Are there any other potential uses for the NK-33 and NK43 engines that they
bought up (besides expensive lawn decorations)?

Yes.

Best regards,
Len (Cormier)
PanAero, Inc. and Third Millennium Aerospace, Inc.
( http://www.tour2space.com )
Old August 26th 03, 10:12 PM
Reed Snellenberger

(Len) wrote in
om:

Are there any other potential uses for the NK-33 and NK43 engines
that they bought up (besides expensive lawn decorations)?

Yes.

Thanks for the response...

Mind if I steal your answer for use with other questions? :-)

--
Reed Snellenberger
Old August 28th 03, 01:57 AM
Ian St. John

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:27:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, "gmw"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

A Sad if predictable end.

It's not necessarily the end. It's a restructuring. They may still
end up flying (though I've never been particularly thrilled with the
concept), but the initial investors will take a bath.

Maybe they should look to the Brazilians which just might want a few quality
parts. .

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/2063542
Brazil mourns dead, vows to reinforce space program