80/f5 For the In-Laws

Old November 3rd 05, 01:55 AM

Default 80/f5 For the In-Laws

I am looking for an 80/f5 for my in-laws.

I love mine (a little Celestron Nextstar) use it as a spotting scope on
by big Newt and as a stand alone grab and go. I have been scanning
astromart for weeks with no success. Orions are down to $255 with the
Paragon Tripod, just wondering if anyone out here has tried any of the
other 'off brands' of late and could point me to an alternative to
check out. 255 is not bad... just know used I should save a good
$100... wondering what else is out there...

Their uses are largely terrestrial (birds, creatures and the like)
though they also seemed to really enjoy trying my little one out under
the stars.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!