A Space & astronomy forum. SpaceBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

another what if?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 6th 03, 04:56 PM
Zdenek Jizba
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros). What if it is impossible to reveal that
knowledge because then the aliens would also
find out? What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?

Zdenek (Denny) Jizba

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.

(For some background information on the sources
of these questions go to: http://groups.google.com/
and search for: jizba eros
By the way, the header "erotic images" is NOT
my doing. Someone else replaced my original
header for that thread.)



Ads
  #2  
Old July 6th 03, 05:26 PM
Ron Miller
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

And what if pigs could fly? There are no alien bases on Phobos or Eros (or
on Mars, either, for that matter), so it's all rather pointless speculation.

RM

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
...
What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros). What if it is impossible to reveal that
knowledge because then the aliens would also
find out? What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?

Zdenek (Denny) Jizba

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.

(For some background information on the sources
of these questions go to: http://groups.google.com/
and search for: jizba eros
By the way, the header "erotic images" is NOT
my doing. Someone else replaced my original
header for that thread.)





  #3  
Old July 6th 03, 05:47 PM
Impmon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:56:17 GMT, Zdenek Jizba
typed:

What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?


It's already happened. Men in Black movies may be listed as sci-fi but
it's really documentary.


--
All viruses and spams are automatically removed by my ISP before
reaching my inbox. To reply, change digi.mon to tds.net
  #4  
Old July 6th 03, 07:22 PM
Zdenek Jizba
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?



Ron Miller wrote:

And what if pigs could fly? There are no alien bases on Phobos or Eros (or
on Mars, either, for that matter), so it's all rather pointless speculation.


Your response implies that you know what you are talking about.
So presumably you have knowledge of all the pertinent images.
There are two images of Eros for which I have no explanation,
(and have never seen one that would satisfy my personal
knowledge. I am a geologist) The images can be found at

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000503/index.html

(this one is hard to explain, but from the geological point of
view the next one just does not have an explanation

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000522/index.html

The three objects I would like to bring to your attention are
the two mounds (jpl calls them "boulders" which they are NOT)
and the large aspect ratio needle like object next to them.
Unfortunately a close up image of these three objects shown
on a later image of the day were later removed from the archive.
WHY???



RM

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
...
What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros). What if it is impossible to reveal that
knowledge because then the aliens would also
find out? What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?

Zdenek (Denny) Jizba

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.

(For some background information on the sources
of these questions go to: http://groups.google.com/
and search for: jizba eros
By the way, the header "erotic images" is NOT
my doing. Someone else replaced my original
header for that thread.)




  #5  
Old July 6th 03, 08:52 PM
Ron Miller
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

They look like rocks to me. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, you
know.

You say very definitely that these are "NOT" boulders---but you don't
explain why you say this. What makes you think they are not?

Just because you have no explanation for something does not mean that it is
forever inexplicable---only that you do not have enough information.

RM

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
...


Ron Miller wrote:

And what if pigs could fly? There are no alien bases on Phobos or Eros

(or
on Mars, either, for that matter), so it's all rather pointless

speculation.

Your response implies that you know what you are talking about.
So presumably you have knowledge of all the pertinent images.
There are two images of Eros for which I have no explanation,
(and have never seen one that would satisfy my personal
knowledge. I am a geologist) The images can be found at

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000503/index.html

(this one is hard to explain, but from the geological point of
view the next one just does not have an explanation

http://near.jhuapl.edu/iod/20000522/index.html

The three objects I would like to bring to your attention are
the two mounds (jpl calls them "boulders" which they are NOT)
and the large aspect ratio needle like object next to them.
Unfortunately a close up image of these three objects shown
on a later image of the day were later removed from the archive.
WHY???



  #6  
Old July 6th 03, 10:40 PM
CeeBee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

Zdenek Jizba wrote

What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors



What if you start posting in alt.alien groups instead of in an astronomy
newsgroup?

Small effort for you, big relieve for us.


--
CeeBee



CeeBee's Rant @ http://www.geocities.com/ceebee_2
  #7  
Old July 6th 03, 10:42 PM
Starlord
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

What If the clueless got a Life?


--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
towards an east that would not know another dawn.
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and
along the path he once had followed, Man would one day go again.

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
...
What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros).



---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.493 / Virus Database: 292 - Release Date: 6/25/03


  #8  
Old July 7th 03, 03:57 AM
Zdenek Jizba
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?



"J. Scott Miller" wrote:

Zdenek Jizba wrote:
What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors (with bases on Phobos
and Eros).


So, what you are saying is that governments around the world which inherently do
not trust each other, as evidenced by many current conflicts, would all agree to
this one thing - hide alien existence for all people of the world.


I am not saying anything like that. Don't you understand the phrase
"What if?". Besides, personally I do not have any positive evidence
of alien existence. I DO HAVE some clues that in my opinion need
to be investigated. As a matter of fact, if you read carefully some of
my threads you will find that I have serious doubts about any success
of SETI. As far as the so called alien artifacts near the "face" of Mars,
my interpretation is that they are erosional features produced by joints
or faults.

Let me make
this simple for you - if I had such knowledge, there is no amount of money I
could be offered not to blow the lid off of such a blatant world government lie.
And I consider myself a pretty patriotic type of guy.


I do hope you will not be placed in the position to put money where
your mouth is.

What if it is impossible to reveal that
knowledge because then the aliens would also
find out?


How ridiculous is this statement - the aliens would also find out there are aliens?


Yes I agree, it is a ridiculous statement written solely to provoke
serious discussion.

What if there is an intensive inter
governmental effort to develop secret defenses
against the very remote likelihood of these Alien's
invasions?


See statement above about the world wide global cooperation of nations that now
exists in our world today (NOT!).


Why don't you make your point as an argument rather than a personal attack?


Zdenek (Denny) Jizba

P.S.: If the objects on Eros and Phobos are
indeed alien artifacts, in my opinion they may
have been abandoned millions of years ago.


They are not artifacts. They are simply wishful thinking on the part of those
that want to make money off of gullible folks like yourself.


As I read this phrase, I tried to recall ANY incident in my past where
my opinions might have been influenced regarding this specific subject.
To the best of my recollection nobody influenced me.


  #9  
Old July 7th 03, 04:11 AM
Greg Neill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?

"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message ...


CeeBee wrote:

Zdenek Jizba wrote

What if governments have been aware of the
existence of Alien visitors


What if you start posting in alt.alien groups instead of in an astronomy
newsgroup?


I tried that for three days. The responses were unreal and my
thread was re-named "Erotic images". It is very likely that this will
be my last posting anyway. My ISP has shut off my access to
newsgroups twice already. A third time and I am out. (my posting
is almost exclusively to alt.astronomy, but occasionally I post to
alt.math.recreational and alt.stamps.collect)


Perhaps you should begin by solving the little mystery
of why your ISP would cut your access to usenet.
Something to do with too many complaints about your
behaviour perhaps?


  #10  
Old July 7th 03, 12:59 PM
Ron Miller
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default another what if?


"Zdenek Jizba" wrote in message
...
Ron Miller wrote:

They look like rocks to me. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes,

you
know.


I agree with you that I cannot absolutely prove that they are not rocks.
However, there are several aspects of these objects that make them
VERY unusual. Fist the mounds.
1. they appear to be circular (the image that disappeared showed this
best)
2. They have no sharp edges (unlike most of the other boulders on

Eros)
3. There appears to be an overhang around the circular boundary
(again, this showed better on the disappeared image)
4. The slopes appear to be those of a knoll.


You use the word "appear" in three of your four points and "most of" in the
fourth. This all awfully subjective. What you are saying is: "Because these
objects 'appear' to be different from 'most of' the other rocks and
boulders, they must be artificial." This is quite a leap from such little
evidence.

As to the object with a sharp peak,

1. The aspect ratio (height divided by base radius) appears to be
too high. Its emplacement would have to have been from a
vertical impact. Otherwise I would expect it to fall on its

side.
2. The shape is quite unusual sort of like an off center pyramid


Again, a lot of subjectivity: "appears to be", "I would expect", "would have
been" . . . (and why would an "off center pyramid" be "quite unusual"?
Nature is full of examples of approximations. "Quite unusual" would, I
think, be a mathematically perfect pyramid, if anything).

I hope this may explain to you my inability to accept them a
natural objects.


No, it doesn't.

The NEAR expedition took many tens of thousands
of images of Eros, some from less than 50 miles. You could convince
me that these are natural objects if I could see some of the
close up images. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a
website of such images. (Is it available????)


See? What you say here is that the photos are in fact not clear enough for
you to determine (to your satisfaction at least) whether the objects are
natural or not---yet you are willing to state that you are "unable" to
accept them as natural objects. The fact is that you are making highly
subjective judgements and from these deriving a definite---and very
questionable---conclusion.

By the way, there are plenty of close-up images available if you look for
them. I had no trouble finding more than enough when I was looking for
images for my recent book on asteroids, comets and meteors.

RM


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 SpaceBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.