ASTRO: Cooled out PK164+31.1 Planetary composite: Best of LRGB + [NII] Ha [OIII]

Old February 12th 04, 10:34 AM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: Cooled out PK164+31.1 Planetary composite: Best of LRGB + [NII] Ha [OIII]

Al Kelly suggested that he should make a composite image from his LRGB data
and my emission line data. So I sent him the data I had taken (raw stacks),
and he whipped up this very nice composite image of Planetary Nebula
PK164+31.1 Jones-Emberson 1.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_akrc_page.htm

Al did the processing, I just took part of the data and made the web page
:-)

This one is pretty darn cool, it's got that blue central star and those
companion galaxies clearly visible......

Old February 12th 04, 01:31 PM
Davoud

Richard Crisp:

Al Kelly suggested that he should make a composite image from his LRGB data
and my emission line data. So I sent him the data I had taken (raw stacks),
and he whipped up this very nice composite image of Planetary Nebula
PK164+31.1 Jones-Emberson 1.

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/pk164_akrc_page.htm

Al did the processing, I just took part of the data and made the web page
:-)

This one is pretty darn cool, it's got that blue central star and those
companion galaxies clearly visible...

Nice try. You guys just photographed a marble and put it on a starfield
background ;-)

No! Wait! I guess it is real. Beautiful work! Do my aged eyes deceive
me, or are there over a half dozen galaxies visible in the field as
well?

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old February 12th 04, 04:46 PM
Richard Crisp

"Davoud" wrote in message
Richard Crisp:

[...]

(The coolness factor is becoming evident to Davoud.....)

Yessir, those be galaxeeeeesss

Old February 12th 04, 05:57 PM
Dave Rose

Hi Richard,
That's a great balance of colour and detail. Beautiful.
Dave

om...