Does anybody still build their own CCD cameras?

Old January 20th 04, 01:48 AM
Gary W. Swearingen

Default Does anybody still build their own CCD cameras?

Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
maybe software?

I'm googling, but not finding anything amongst all the complete
cameras. I'm thinking about a non-astro (and non-cooled) camera for
digitizing 8mm movies (and maybe 35 mm slides) and I though you guys
were doing something similar. I know there are ready-made digitizers
and digitizing services, but that's too easy. I also know that I'll
probably want to use a ready-made camera and just customize the
optics, but I'll like to investigate the DIY camera too. (Maybe
using a "linear" CCD instead of an "area" CCD.)

Thanks.
Old January 22nd 04, 01:30 PM
Helmut Göbkes

Hi Gary,

maybe it is not the right one you are looking for, but under
www.trinityccd.de (and then klicking at the american flag)
you can find astronomical CCD Cameras wich are available
as Kit with pretested modules or as complete camera and with
several resolutions / interface options.

helmut

Old January 25th 04, 12:46 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Gary W. Swearingen" wrote in message
Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
maybe software?

Here is a link to the Audine self build astro CCD camera which might be of
some use. It is pretty specific to long exposure astro imaging though

http://www.astrosurf.com/audine/English/index_en.htm

Robin

Old January 25th 04, 03:38 PM
matt

"Robin Leadbeater" wrote in message

"Gary W. Swearingen" wrote in message
Actually, the question is: Anybody know some web sites or books that
describe the buiding of CCD cameras and read-out electronics and
maybe software?

Here is a link to the Audine self build astro CCD camera which might be

of
some use. It is pretty specific to long exposure astro imaging though

http://www.astrosurf.com/audine/English/index_en.htm

Robin

- There's the Genesis camera :
http://www.genesis16.net/

- One could still buy Cookbook camera parts I think from University Optics
and the book is still availble .

Best Regards,
Matt Tudor

Old January 25th 04, 07:15 PM
Gary W. Swearingen

"matt" writes:
"Robin Leadbeater" wrote in message

Thanks, guys. Better late than never; I was in no hurry.