ASTRO: VDB142 in Ha

Old January 6th 04, 02:16 PM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: VDB142 in Ha

This is such an interesting region, I just can't get enough of it.

I stumbled across it for real in the fall when I was performing a widefield
survey of large nebulae using emission line filters.

I did get that widefield shot of IC1396 in [SII], Ha and [OIII], and decided
that I needed to image it at high resolution.

I am not finished with the high resolution mosaic but did manage a
reasonable shot of VDB142.

It really reminds me of Tech Pan so I am posting it here because there is
such a deep appreciation of Tech Pan in these forums.

Widefield shot of IC1396 (9 square degrees FOV)

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...2HaO3_page.htm

VDB142 in Hydrogen Alpha

http://www.rdcrisp.darkhorizons.org/...la_ha_page.htm

Richard Crisp

Old January 6th 04, 09:56 PM
Stefan Lilge

Richard,

this is an interesting part of the sky indeed. Nice sharp and good contrast.

Stefan

. ..

Old January 7th 04, 02:22 AM
Martin C Germano

Richard,

It really reminds me of Tech Pan so I am posting it here because there is
such a deep appreciation of Tech Pan in these forums.

Yup! I really appreciated them.

-- Marty

Martin C Germano
http://home.earthlink.net/~mcgermano

Old January 10th 04, 08:52 PM
George Normandin

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
. ..
This is such an interesting region, I just can't get enough of it.

I stumbled across it for real in the fall when I was performing a

widefield
survey of large nebulae using emission line filters.

Cool images Richard! This is all too large for the scopes I've been using
lately. I'll have to get out the Schmidt cameras, load some film, and point
them at this object!

.......but not until the night time temps get a little warmer than their
current -15 F, with wind chill down in the -20 to -30 range!

George Normandin

Old January 10th 04, 11:13 PM
SHFORSTER1

George,

You're a lightweight. I'm setting up to image here in Syracuse and it's minus
20. Don't waste a single clear night. There aren't enough here in the
northeast.

STU