earth tilt to 45 deg?

Old December 20th 18, 04:23 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default earth tilt to 45 deg?

Chris L Peterson wrote in
:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:41:07 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili
Kujisalimisha wrote:

Chris L Peterson wrote in
m:

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:02:48 -0800 (PST), StarDust
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:46:05 PM UTC-8, Chris L
Peterson wrote:
On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:34:46 -0800 (PST),

What would happen if the Earth's tilt would shift to 45 deg
suddenly or in a short period of time? Would we survive?

Humans are as adaptable as rats and cockroaches. But I
imagine a few billion would die, and all our civilization
and social structures would collapse.

(It is likely that our Moon is what has kept the tilt of the
Earth's axis so stable. Mars, for instance, has seen much
wider swings.)

Well, 500 years ago, earth's population was around 500
million, now 7 billion! 200 years ago , industrialization
caused the exponential population growth! Going back to 1/2
billion would be a normal thing, I think!

I'm all for a reduction of the human population back down to a
billion or less.

You volunteering to go first?

I guess you're unfamiliar with the meaning of "attrition".

Feel free to attrit the hell out of yourself, son. Really, go for
it.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Old December 20th 18, 09:46 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

StarDust wrote in
:

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 8:22:43 AM UTC-8, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 6:22:38 PM UTC-8,
Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4:39:41 PM UTC-8,
Jibini Kula Tumbili

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:48:37 PM UTC-8,
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:

What would happen if the Earth's tilt would shift to
45 deg suddenly or in a short period of time? Would
we survive?

The amount of energy involved to cause that would
vaporize the planet and everything on it.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more
asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Don't see why would our planet vaporise?

Says more about you and your (lack of) understanding of
fairly basic physics.

Let's say a large asteroid would hit our Moon, knocking
it out of orbit or much farther away, so earth would
wobble more?

An asteroid big enough (or fast enough) to have enough
energy the moon out of its orbit wouldn't knock the moon
out of its orbit, it would shatter it, and turn a great
deal of it into plasma.

And that wouldn't be nearly enough energy to alter the
Earth's tilt that much.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more
asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Depends how the Moon is hit and the size of asteroid?

No, not really, To "knock the moon out of its orbit" would
require a certain amount of energy. That amount of energy
would shatter the moon, and turn a good deal of it into
plasma. The math isn't that complicated. (And the debris
would probably kill everything living thing on Earth even if
the impact didn't.)

--
Terry Austin

"Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more
asshole."
-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Moon floats in vacuum and earth gravity holding it in orbit!
I'm saying to move Moons orbit maybe hundred thousand miles
out!

Once again, the amount of energy to do that in a short time
will not move the moon, it will shatter is, and turn most if
not all of it into plasma. No matter how many times you parrot
the same stupid idea, it won't get any less stupid. So enjoy
your stupid fantasy.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Earth did not shatter when some thing hit it billions of years
ago?

It wasn't knocked out of its orbit, and as best we can tell, the
entier surface was turned to molten rock. And it wasn't knocked out
of its orbit.

Your assumption is falls!

You english is crap. And your brain is Jell-O.

Old December 20th 18, 11:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

You don't know that 3 billion years ago what was earths orbit?

Old December 20th 18, 11:39 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

People smarter than you (and who isn't) can do fairly simple math.

Old December 20th 18, 11:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

Of course, Mr. **** for brain!
What are you Indian?

Not that we needed further proof, but racism is not possible for
someone who isn't mentally retarded.

Old December 21st 18, 12:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 16:34:50 UTC-5, StarDust wrote:
What would happen if the Earth's tilt would shift to 45 deg suddenly or in a short period of time?
Would we survive?

Global warmists would deny it had any impact on climate.

Old December 21st 18, 01:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

Obvious, Indians are born **** heads!
Only good for driving taxis!
Old December 21st 18, 04:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Ninapenda Jibini wrote:

[...]

We know you're mentally retarded (we've always known, from your
first post). There's no need to keep proving it, son. Now ask Mummy
for a cookie, it's time for beddie bye.

earth's tilt RichD Amateur Astronomy 63 September 25th 12 08:10 PM
Why does Earth's tilt produce summers and winters? AlexZ Astronomy Misc 66 November 9th 06 06:15 AM
Direction of the Earth's axis tilt in the x-y ecliptic plane? canopus56 Amateur Astronomy 35 March 22nd 06 11:00 PM
why does tilt of earth not change relative to sun? DarkMotion Misc 4 February 27th 06 12:27 AM
sundial & Earth's tilt questions Benoit Morrissette Astronomy Misc 22 September 1st 03 08:55 AM