ASTRO: KjPn8 near NGC 7635

Old October 16th 15, 11:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: KjPn8 near NGC 7635

KjPn8 is a Planetary Nebula near the famous bubble nebula, so it probably
has been imaged very often. It is seldom mentioned in the accompanying texts
though. It is to the lower left of it's famous neighbour.
As I didn't manage to do a good Hubble palette, so I did a Ha:SII:OIII
mixture which looks like a box of sweets, but somehow I like it ;-)

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on a G11 mount, Trius SX 694 camera,
Baader highspeed filters, 102x3min Ha, 92x3min OIII, 78x3min SII.

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KjPn8HSOkleingut.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	946.4 KB
ID:	5932  Click image for larger version

Name:	KjPn8HavgScropgut.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	5933
Old October 17th 15, 08:28 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That's a new one to me. I'm not up on these rarely seen planetaries. Spend too much time on galaxies I guess.

I checked my image of the Bubble from nearly 10 years ago when I didn't know much of what I was doing. I suppose I should retake it. Anyway my field is way too small to pick it up. Might do so if I put the bubble itself in the far upper right corner but I'd have to cut out some of it. More reasonable would be just to take the planetary and see if I can match it to the bubble image for a diagonal mosaic. Since I use different filters today as well as very different processing that might not work.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post