ASTRO: Barnard 367 in IC 1396

Old May 28th 14, 05:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Barnard 367 in IC 1396

Barnard 367 is a dark nebula in IC 1396. IC 1396 is a huge open cluster
enveloped by an emission nebula. The complex, nearly 3000 light-years
distant in the constellation of Cepheus, is huge compared to my field of
view. It is full of dark nebulae like this one. It also is the home of
the famous Elephant Trunk Nebula sometimes incorrectly called vdB 142.
The latter is a small reflection nebula around a bright star well behind
the head of the elephant trunk. In any case I've imaged that as well as
Barnard 163 in the past. There are many more. In the upper left corner
surrounding a bright blue star (a likely member of the star cluster) is
part of LDN 1120. Down near the lower left corner is the small dark
nebula LDN 1115. Barnard 367 is also known as LDN 1113. The other dark
clouds in my image seem to be unnamed. At least I couldn't identify them.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=2x10' STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick
--
Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BARNARD367L4X10RGB2X10R1.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	919.0 KB
ID:	5132  Click image for larger version

Name:	BARNARD367L4X10RGB2X10R1-67.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	466.5 KB
ID:	5133