ASTRO: NGC 5189

Old July 4th 11, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 5189

Another PN imaged in Namibia, this time in the constellation of the fly.

NGC 5189
Date May 31 2011
Location Kiripotib, Namibia
Meade 14" ACF at 2340mm focal length (APCCDT67 reducer)
camera/filters SXV-H9, Baader LRGB 15x30 seconds each
mount/guiding MK100/OAG/Lodestar/AstroArt5

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp5/5189colourgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5189colourgut.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	3619
Old July 6th 11, 03:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 7/4/2011 4:14 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Another PN imaged in Namibia, this time in the constellation of the fly.

NGC 5189
Date May 31 2011
Location Kiripotib, Namibia
Meade 14" ACF at 2340mm focal length (APCCDT67 reducer)
camera/filters SXV-H9, Baader LRGB 15x30 seconds each
mount/guiding MK100/OAG/Lodestar/AstroArt5

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp5/5189colourgut.jpg

Stefan

A bit too far south for me! It must be bright with only 30 second RGB
images. See you are using your old camera. 8300 might be too small
pixel for that scope. Seeing wasn't up to going full out without the
reducer? Don't know the sky down there. At 30 seconds was there any
need to guide? I rarely guide 10 minutes.

Weather has finally cleared here Clear Sky Chart is saying very good
seeing. So I hope to try for a tiny planetary at -10 tonight. Will
need 0.5" pixels. Very hot here so won't be able to cool like I'd like.
Hot weather gives lousy transparency low but great seeing. Still,
like this one and the "bug" it is bright so hope I can pull it through
the gunk.

Just added up my backlog. About 150 yet to process. Yikes.

Rick

Old July 8th 11, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Rick,

I used the SXV-H9 because I damaged the Atik 383 the night before... Quite a
bad timing to do that halfway through a Namibia visit...
I was very glad that I had been paranoic enough to take the old SXV-H9 with
me, otherwise I would have had to use a DSLR for the rest of the week...

Image scale is 0,57 arcseconds/pixel even with the reducer, so it didn't
seem too tempting for me to go without the reducer. I would have needed
subarcsecond seeing to make that work. And the FOV was already very small
with the reducer in place.

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ster.com...
On 7/4/2011 4:14 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Another PN imaged in Namibia, this time in the constellation of the fly.

NGC 5189
Date May 31 2011

Old July 9th 11, 07:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

I don't think that camera likes Namibia. Didn't it go bad just before
last year's trip? I hope it won't be months back at the shop getting fixed.

Saw on a forum where someone took the SBIG 8300 camera there a couple
weeks ago and had the shutter go bad the first night. I don't think
that area of the world likes the 8300 chip!

I hadn't realized the SXV-H9's pixel size was nearly as small as the
8300. I was thinking it more my size. Getting to be too many out there
to keep track of them all.

Rick

On 7/8/2011 2:11 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Rick,

I used the SXV-H9 because I damaged the Atik 383 the night before... Quite a
bad timing to do that halfway through a Namibia visit...
I was very glad that I had been paranoic enough to take the old SXV-H9 with
me, otherwise I would have had to use a DSLR for the rest of the week...

Image scale is 0,57 arcseconds/pixel even with the reducer, so it didn't
seem too tempting for me to go without the reducer. I would have needed
subarcsecond seeing to make that work. And the FOV was already very small
with the reducer in place.

Stefan

"Rick schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ster.com...
On 7/4/2011 4:14 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Another PN imaged in Namibia, this time in the constellation of the fly.

NGC 5189
Date May 31 2011

Daily Report #5189 Cooper, Joe Hubble 0 September 27th 10 05:04 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 May 3rd 07 01:08 AM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 May 3rd 07 01:08 AM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] Astronomy Misc 0 May 3rd 06 12:33 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 September 30th 04 02:23 AM