ASTRO: NGC 1788

Old November 17th 10, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

Default ASTRO: NGC 1788

One of my favorites acquired during my blue period (8)

NGC 1788 (aka Ced 40, Lbn 916)
Orion
Penryn, California
October 2006
FS-128 (ag, ST-4)
ST-2000XM LRGB 15 minute subs

A small reflection nebula associated with the T-Tau type star NSV
1832.

"We report on the results of ROSAT High Resolution Imager (HRI) X-ray
observations and optical wide-field spectroscopy and imaging in the
star forming region NGC 1788. Several new low mass pre-main sequence
(PMS) stars have been found based on intermediate resolution
spectroscopy. Many new PMS candidate members of NGC 1788 are selected
using the spectroscopically confirmed PMS stars to define the PMS
locus in color-magnitude diagrams. Some objects with very red colors
detected just above the limiting magnitude of our images, are good
candidates for young Brown Dwarfs (BDs). The BD nature of these
objects need to be confirmed with subsequent IR observations. "
(Alcalá, J. M., et.al., 2003)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ngc 1788-f06-lrgb-cwd25hp-1x.jpg