ASTRO: NGC 281 with ED120

Old October 27th 10, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 281 with ED120

Recently I used a moonlit city night with rather bad transparency for some
images of NGC 281. Main goal of the night was to see how good stars looked
at the edge of the field in my Skywatcher ED120 without the focal
reducer/flattener. Actually stars looked quite decent and I have cropped
away the parts that don't...

The image was combined to a Ha/Ha:OIII:OIII.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 without reducer
(900mm focal length) on a H-EQ5 Synscan mount, Atik 383 L+ camera, 8x20
minutes Halpha, 5x20 minutes OIII.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/281coloursmallgut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	281coloursmallgut.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	3202
Old October 27th 10, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

On 10/27/2010 1:30 PM, Stefan Lilge wrote:
Recently I used a moonlit city night with rather bad transparency for some
images of NGC 281. Main goal of the night was to see how good stars looked
at the edge of the field in my Skywatcher ED120 without the focal
reducer/flattener. Actually stars looked quite decent and I have cropped
away the parts that don't...

The image was combined to a Ha/Ha:OIII:OIII.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 without reducer
(900mm focal length) on a H-EQ5 Synscan mount, Atik 383 L+ camera, 8x20
minutes Halpha, 5x20 minutes OIII.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/281coloursmallgut.jpg

Stefan

I didn't remember you had that scope. This one came out very well. I
tried this early in my digital life. I need to revisit it though my FOV
can't quite fit it all in.

Your two color color is better than my HaRGB but back then I didn't know
much about such combines. Color frames were weak compared to HA so it
came out pretty pale.

Rick
Old October 28th 10, 05:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_6_]

Very nice, Stefan. I tried to image that object a few weeks ago, but they
didn't come out very well. I've since had shoulder surgery, so I'm out of
commission for a while, unfortunately. As always, it amazes me the detail
you obtain in Berlin's light dome. Well done.

George

senet.com...

Old October 29th 10, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Glen Youman

perhaps the best renered NGC 281 I've seen.

Old October 31st 10, 09:45 PM
Morten Morten is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lilge View Post
Recently I used a moonlit city night with rather bad transparency for some
images of NGC 281. Main goal of the night was to see how good stars looked
at the edge of the field in my Skywatcher ED120 without the focal
reducer/flattener. Actually stars looked quite decent and I have cropped
away the parts that don't...

The image was combined to a Ha/Ha:OIII:OIII.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED120 without reducer
(900mm focal length) on a H-EQ5 Synscan mount, Atik 383 L+ camera, 8x20
minutes Halpha, 5x20 minutes OIII.

http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp4/281coloursmallgut.jpg

Stefan
Great shot.
I still wonder about how it all went with the shutter issue on your atik 383. I'm having exactly the same problem

Morten
Old November 2nd 10, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Hi guys, thanks for the comments.

I still wonder about how it all went with the shutter issue on your atik
383. I'm having exactly the same problem

That's what I didn't want to hear. I was hoping that I was the only one with
this problem and that I would be safe from similar defects in the future...
My camera was exchanged for a new one. So far all is going well. But I still
have a bad feeling when the shutter has to do a lot of work, e.g. during
focusing.

Stefan

--
Morten