C/2007 Q3 Sliding Springs has split

Old March 22nd 10, 07:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default C/2007 Q3 Sliding Springs has split

After Danilo's image and Martijn's comment I had to give it a try.
Clouds were a problem but I got 40 minutes of L data in 2 minute subs.
I used short subs as I didn't want to lose too much if clouds totally
cut me off. This was taken about 9 hours UTC on March 21, 2010 with my
trusty 14" LX200R. I've attached two images, one the full image and the
other a 2x crop. They have been processed to show the two pieces which
has caused the tail to be rather faint, though the clouds and fog I was
imaging through had lot to do with its faintness as well.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLIDING_SPRING_C2007Q3_L=20X2.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	2862  Click image for larger version

Name:	SLIDING_SPRING_C2007Q3_L=20X2crop2x.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2863
Old March 22nd 10, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

rick,

that's a nice image!

--
Martijn