ASTRO: The Sun - Prominence!

Old November 14th 09, 11:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev[_2_]

Default ASTRO: The Sun - Prominence!

Hiya

Didn't get this yesterday, although it was on view because the clouds came
as soon as I rushed in to get the camera!

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-11-14 093633 solarha um.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	2691
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img2009-11-14 093611 solarhaprom um.JPG (215.4 KB, 75 views)
Old November 14th 09, 01:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev[_2_]

A Better image

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-11-14 115321 solarhaprom.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	2692
Old November 16th 09, 09:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Kev,

that's a nice prominence. I have only once in my life seen a prominence
"live" through a telescope, and that was over twenty years ago... I have
been thinking about buying a PST for a while, but I always find something
else that I need more "urgently".

Stefan

"Kev" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
A Better image

Kev

Old November 16th 09, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev Lawrence

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Kev,

that's a nice prominence. I have only once in my life seen a prominence
"live" through a telescope, and that was over twenty years ago... I have
been thinking about buying a PST for a while, but I always find something
else that I need more "urgently".

The thing that I really like about them Stefan is that they change in real
time.

Between my first image that day and the second I saw some obvious changes,
there's no other field in astronomy that changes that quick. (its also the
same changes that attract me to planetary targets).

Kev