ASTRO: The Moon last night

Old October 30th 09, 01:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev[_2_]

Default ASTRO: The Moon last night

Hi All

OK, its not deep sky. I left the scope out after doing the sun during the
daytime, got these shots of the moon, expecting to leave it out all night
and it went very damp and cloudy (oh um the joy of living by the seaside).
However did awake at 3.50 to see lots of sporadic meteors and some orionids
/ taurids in a perfectly clear sky.

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-10-29 170312 gassindi um.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	2670  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-10-29 170124 moon um.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	2671
Old October 30th 09, 10:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Martin R. Howell[_8_]

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:55:52 -0000, Kev wrote:

Hi All

OK, its not deep sky. I left the scope out after doing the sun during the
daytime, got these shots of the moon, expecting to leave it out all night
and it went very damp and cloudy (oh um the joy of living by the seaside).
However did awake at 3.50 to see lots of sporadic meteors and some orionids
/ taurids in a perfectly clear sky.

Kev

To heck with deep sky. I like it. I like pics that show what eyeballs see
at the eyepiece. Thanks for sharing.

--
Martin R. Howell
The Astro Post