ASTRO: Sun Today

Old October 29th 09, 12:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Sun Today

Hi All

At least a clear sunny day, hooray.

Here's the sunspot currently visible.
White light only as not much doing Ha.

Usual details, Vixen SP102m, Green Dichloric filer, Finepix 4500, unsharp
masked.

Kev

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-10-29 110109 sunspot.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	2668  Click image for larger version

Name:	Img2009-10-29 105942 um.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	275.3 KB
ID:	2669
Old November 3rd 09, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Kev,

wow, a sunspot. Didn't think these guys were still around ;-)
Thanks for posting.

Stefan

Old November 4th 09, 08:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev Lawrence

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Kev,

wow, a sunspot. Didn't think these guys were still around ;-)
Thanks for posting.

Thats what I was begining to think too!
Kev

Old November 4th 09, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Where the heck did I put my H alpha filter. Haven't seen it in years or
even thought about it. Guess I should though with winter temps coming I
doubt it will work all that well plus me shivering in below zero temps
doesn't help me see much. Bad timing sun!

Rick