ASTRO: Resurrected an old friend/ IMG6303 + 400MM + Ha in Cygnus

Old July 4th 09, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Resurrected an old friend/ IMG6303 + 400MM + Ha in Cygnus

I decided to do some emission line imaging last night since there is a lot
of moon up.

The IMG6303 was called out of its den of repose and pressed into action,
coupled with the Pentax 6x7 lens assortment.

Because there was a lot of moon, I decided to image with the 400mm f/4, the
longest one I have.

I used the Custom Scientific 4.5nm Halpha filter and the lens was stopped
down to f/5.6

this is 15 x 10 minutes in Cygnus. Up in the upper right you have the
Propeller Nebula, DWB111. Around 7 o'clock and 1/3 out you have NGC6914

Obviously with all that hydrogen nebulosity in the FOV, it is hard to say
where one object ends and anoher begins.

After using the one shot color camera pursuing only RGB targets for the past
few months it was nice to do some emission line imaging again

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stack.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	2495
Old July 5th 09, 12:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
I decided to do some emission line imaging last night since there is a lot
of moon up.

The IMG6303 was called out of its den of repose and pressed into action,
coupled with the Pentax 6x7 lens assortment.

Because there was a lot of moon, I decided to image with the 400mm f/4, the
longest one I have.

I used the Custom Scientific 4.5nm Halpha filter and the lens was stopped
down to f/5.6

this is 15 x 10 minutes in Cygnus. Up in the upper right you have the
Propeller Nebula, DWB111. Around 7 o'clock and 1/3 out you have NGC6914

Obviously with all that hydrogen nebulosity in the FOV, it is hard to say
where one object ends and anoher begins.

After using the one shot color camera pursuing only RGB targets for the past
few months it was nice to do some emission line imaging again

An image like this makes me wish we had a way of seeing it in 3D.

Rick

Old July 8th 09, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great image Richard. It is really difficult to tell where one object ends
and the next one starts. I usually don't have this "problem" as my images
are usually not deep enough to show the faint parts between the main
nebulae.

Stefan

m...