NGC7380-SH2-242

Old June 30th 09, 11:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default NGC7380-SH2-242

I posted this originally back in October 2007. It was somewhat noisy as
my old monitor, even then was failing to show me this. It kept
calibrating just fine yet not showing noise. Still don't understand
that. Anyway I posted this in response to Richard Crisp's image but
then noticed it had gone flat compared to the original. So I punched it
up a bit. Until I get more data this will have to do.

Lum = 3x30' H alpha while the color is pure RGB 3x10' all binned 2x2.
When I tried adding some Ha to the red and blue as I usually do it
altered it so much I didn't like the result so while this makes for
noisier color I still like it better for some reason.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC7380HA3X30RGB3X10ra.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	463.4 KB
ID:	2493
Old July 8th 09, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very good image Rick. What strikes me most about it is the grey area in the
central part. It looks mostly colourless in Richard's image too, so it must
be real. Makes me wonder what causes this "pale" appearance.

Stefan

ster.com...

Old July 8th 09, 08:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

It shows in my H alpha image but is very strong in the blue frame,
weaker in green. I think it both a reflection and emission area but the
blue of the reflection about cancels the pink of H alpha and you get
this gray color. Odd though how sharp the divide line is. It doesn't
fade to pink but just suddenly turn to color. I didn't process this
area separately in any way so think it real.

Rick