ASTRO: M20/M21 from AP180EDT & PL39C

Old May 25th 09, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M20/M21 from AP180EDT & PL39C

this is 7 hours 15 minutes total. it was taken the last two nights from my
ranch in the Sierra foothills

the exposures were all 15 minutes: 29 total.

the full rez image is sort of fun :-)

The AP180 is a simply stunning performer with this huge chip ( 49 x 36.8mm,
39 mpixel @ 6.8 micron pixels)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m20...pl39K_page.htm

it looks like 10-12 hours will make for a very nice image. That seems to be
about what it takes using LRGB from what I have observed in the better
images but maybe no?

rdc

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m20_ap180_edt_f9_baader_pl39K-29x15min_svga.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	2464
Old May 26th 09, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Milton Aupperle

In article , Richard
Crisp wrote:

this is 7 hours 15 minutes total. it was taken the last two nights from my
ranch in the Sierra foothills

the exposures were all 15 minutes: 29 total.

the full rez image is sort of fun :-)

The AP180 is a simply stunning performer with this huge chip ( 49 x 36.8mm,
39 mpixel @ 6.8 micron pixels)

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/m20...pl39K_page.htm

it looks like 10-12 hours will make for a very nice image. That seems to be
about what it takes using LRGB from what I have observed in the better
images but maybe no?

Hi Richard;

Stunning image.

Any idea what the horizontal streak is near the bottom right corner?

It's easiest to see with the high def version.

Thanks

Milton Aupperle
Old May 26th 09, 12:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

oh that is an off axis star reflecting off my field flattener mounting ring

I need to flock it or spray paint it flat black

Old June 6th 09, 04:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great picture Rick,

I am still loading the 39mp version ;-), but the 6mp looks very good, don't
see that it needs additional time.

Stefan