ASTRO: NGC 3810

Old May 24th 09, 09:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: NGC 3810

NGC 3810 is a bit to the lower left of the famous Leo triplet, not too far
from the horizon dust for me.
At 1950mm focal length with the small pixels of my SXV-H9 camera I would
have needed perfect seeing for a sharp image, but only had "good" seeing -
well I guess I should not complain.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.8 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 42x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/3810-42x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3810-42x5gut.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	2462
Old May 25th 09, 06:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
NGC 3810 is a bit to the lower left of the famous Leo triplet, not too far
from the horizon dust for me.
At 1950mm focal length with the small pixels of my SXV-H9 camera I would
have needed perfect seeing for a sharp image, but only had "good" seeing -
well I guess I should not complain.

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Meade 10" ACF at f/7.8 on a G11
mount, SXV-H9 camera, 42x5 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/3810-42x5gut.jpg

Stefan

Another one not on my ever growing to do list. Glad you are getting a
good new moon. I lost the last one and now this one. I did get a few
hours a couple nights ago. I'm converting to a new imaging computer,
the old one was just not up to the task any more. Something wasn't set
right and when I was done I found that even though it was supposed to
save the images it didn't. They were no where to be found on the drive.
My one good night lost. It was too light for imaging but I tried a
few short shots and it saved those fine. No setting change. Not sure
what's going on I did load the latest revision to CCDSoft. Several
updates ahead of the one in the old computer. Must have something to do
with it. I should know not to do that!

Rick

[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 May 3rd 07 01:08 AM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 April 12th 07 01:05 AM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 May 3rd 06 12:33 PM
Daily 3810 [email protected] Hubble 0 March 7th 05 03:44 PM
[sci.astro,sci.astro.seti] Contents (Astronomy Frequently Asked Questions) (0/9) [email protected] SETI 0 September 30th 04 02:23 AM