ASTRO: NGC 7510 reprocessed

Old May 11th 09, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: NGC 7510 reprocessed

NGC 7510 is a reprocess of an old image. I can't recall if I ran it
before or not. I know I didn't like how it turned out so may not have.
I came across it cleaning the hard drive to get ready for the move to
the new computer and decided to give it another try. This version came
out far better. NGC 7510 is a very pretty cluster seen visually in most
any telescope. It sort of resembles a broadhead arrow point with three
razor edges. This is lost in the image however. It is located about
10,000 light years away in the constellation of Cepheus. The whole area
is faintly filled with ionized hydrogen, especially to the east. Many
nebula are part of this cloud. The bubble nebula is probably the most
famous of these. Here we just see the western edge of the huge cloud
coming into the eastern part of the image. I moved NGC 7510 high to
pick up more of it than I would if left centered. Also I reduced it to
2" per pixel as there's little detail lost and the full size file was
huge. Lots of stars blows up a JPG image quickly.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=1x10' (darned clouds), STL-11000XM,
Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NGC7510L8X10RGB1X10X3R50.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	2445
Old May 21st 09, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Very nice picture.
I like those straight lines of stars in NGC 7510.

Stefan

ter.com...