ASTRO: M1 reprocessed for 2008

Old November 4th 08, 06:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M1 reprocessed for 2008

I originally took this in the fall of 2006. It was one of my first color
digital images after moving over from film. I reprocessed it last year
as my processing skills improved. It's time for the 2008 version and
again it is better (at least I think so) though I've likely about
reached the limit since the original data was taken with the scope
slightly out of collimation and only used 5 minute subs. I've found
that I get less total noise using 10 minute subs. 20 is better yet but
so dang many satellite trails begin to show up it often makes for a
processing nightmare so I usually stop at 10' now and throw out those
with nasty trails. I guess for 2009 I will need new data for much
improvement. I've attached two versions, one shows the three years with
2006 on the left and 2008 on the right. Second is the full frame for 2008.

14" LX 200R @ F/10, L=6x5' RGB=3x5', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M1-3YEAR.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	2247  Click image for larger version

Name:	M1L6X5X2RGB3X5X2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	2248