ASTRO: ARP 65 has lots of friends -- Now with ID

Old October 24th 08, 02:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: ARP 65 has lots of friends -- Now with ID

is an annotated version of the above image that has the galaxies
identified that I could find information on. There is also one asteroid
trail in the image which I've marked as well. The galaxies and their
redshift light travel distance, when known to NED is shown below.
ARP65/NGC 90 221 MLY
NGC 90 A STAR
NGC 93 222 MLY
SRGb 063.050 751 MLY
UCM 0019+2201 238 MLY
SRGb 063.057 897 MLY
2MFGC 00261 254 MLY
NGC 0083 259 MLY
NPM1G +22.0020 243 MLY
NGC 0094 244 MLY
2MASX J00221346+2214572 ID
SRGb 063.035 222 MLY
NGC 0081 255 MLY
NGC 0080 236 MLY
NPM1G +21.0017 1,215 MLY
NGC 0082 A STAR
IC 1546 242 MLY
SRGb 063.030 251 MLY
SRGb 063.029 237 MLY
NGC 0085 258 MLY
UCM 0018+2215 209 MLY
SRGb 063.033 242 MLY
LEDA 1665927 NO DISTANCE
NGC 0096 258 MLY
NGC 0086 232 MLY
SRGb 063.026 229 MLY
2MASX J00205640+2225497 ID NO DISTANCE
SRGb 063.024 220 MY
2MASX J00205510+2225137 ID NO DISTANCE
2MASX J00205639+2218127 ID
MCG +04-02-010 277 MLY
2MASX J00222130+2234572 ID NO DISTANCE
NGC 0079 227 MLY
I can't find anything on the rest of the galaxies in the image.
Note that the elliptical galaxy NGC 83 seems to have a dust lane on the
west side.

Rain and snow is in my forecast through the weekend so another dark of
the moon is off to a poor start.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version