what if (on colliding galaxies)

Old August 3rd 08, 11:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Default what if (on colliding galaxies)

You including the Nobel Committee in this, BEERTbrain? lmao!

Saul Levy

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:49:20 -0400, (G=EMC^2
Glazier) wrote:

Cactus Saul Numbers do not lie,but I can come up with this number
because it could be on the money and who is going to argue with me being
a potential Nobel winner Oh ya Bert

Old August 3rd 08, 12:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Cactus saul Reality being man made I being a man can figure and can
come up with my own figures just as well as those that give their
figures to us to read in their books. Best to keep in mind all
measurements of time and distance let it be Planck lengths or LY are at
best approximations. Go figure bert

Old August 3rd 08, 01:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 3, 4:53 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Cactus saul Reality being man made I being a man can figure and can
come up with my own figures just as well as those that give their
figures to us to read in their books. Best to keep in mind all
measurements of time and distance let it be Planck lengths or LY are at
best approximations. Go figure bert

And you think a Zionist/Nazi like our Saul Levy gives a tinkers damn
about whatever you think, other than caring enough as to continually
topic/author stalk and bash with all the mainstream pretend-Atheism
that he can muster?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 3rd 08, 01:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 2, 4:27 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Brad You brought into the pot an interesting point. The shock wave
created by galaxies colliding could wipe out planets that have
intelligent life. Here on Earth we have the same worry on being hit by
an asteroid. Well universe with galaxies with intelligent life has to
come under the uncertainty principle,and life is a gamble Bert

A relatively little asteroid encounter could seriously terminate most
of all life on Earth. Only the robust and obviously intelligent likes
of Moe would survive.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 3rd 08, 02:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Brad My late pet Big Moe worked mostly on instinct. Like not moving
when he was aware that he has been seen. He did not however show much of
his id instincts to me once we got better acquainted and became friends.
He liked peppermint tooth paste and knew at 5pm he would get some. I
made a sand box for him on my back porch,and a small hole so he could go
out at night to find a mate. He was always back in the box at sun rise.
I often wondered how I looked to him. Reality is I made Big Moe the
most popular cockroach on the planet. His ancestors will take over when
humankind turns the earth into glass and steam Bert

Old August 3rd 08, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Aug 3, 6:17 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Brad My late pet Big Moe worked mostly on instinct. Like not moving
when he was aware that he has been seen. He did not however show much of
his id instincts to me once we got better acquainted and became friends.
He liked peppermint tooth paste and knew at 5pm he would get some. I
made a sand box for him on my back porch,and a small hole so he could go
out at night to find a mate. He was always back in the box at sun rise.
I often wondered how I looked to him. Reality is I made Big Moe the
most popular cockroach on the planet. His ancestors will take over when
humankind turns the earth into glass and steam Bert

Survival intelligence is way underrated.

What good is the deductive and/or intuitive kind of human intelligence
if you're dead, or having to wish that you were (aka torture via the
Republican Mafia)?

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old August 3rd 08, 07:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

If doctors had their way, even God would be on medications, BradBoi!
lmfjao!

Why aren't you taking them?

Saul Levy

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:07:21 -0700 (PDT), BradGuth
wrote:

And you're going to do something as horrific or worse off than
colliding galaxies?

Is GOD being a species racist kind of guy or gal, or just typically
bipolar and sadistic as per usual?

* Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Old August 3rd 08, 07:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Define tidal radius, BradBoi! lmfjao!

Saul Levy

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 13:25:01 -0700 (PDT), BradGuth
wrote:

Gravity and the resulting tidal radius of the mutual influence upon
any given pair of nearby galaxies, especially of those somewhat headed
towards one another, is not all that uncertain.

* Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Old August 4th 08, 12:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Scott Miller

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
What if colliding galaxies need much more thinking? This What if came
out of Cactus Saul posting his answer that stars of a colliding galaxy
just pass each other by without even a hello. Not so fast Saul Im
looking as I type at the Cartwheel galaxy This galaxy has been hit
face on by another galaxy. It created great SHOCKWAVES that spread out
like ripples on a lake.to form a glowing ring of stars at the galaxy
edge. Now we must think what gravity is doing when twogalaxies
collide. Gravity pulls from each galaxy sheets of gas and stars creating
great interaction This is shown to us in these two galaXIES NGC 4038
AND NGC 4039 nEXT TO THE BREATH TAKING PICTURE OF THE cARTWHEEL
GALAXY is galaxy NGC 2207 It is an unbelievable picture. So best
you all see it for yourselves Especially Cactus Saul Bert

The string of commentary following your initial post is one of the
examples I would offer for not spending much time in this group. Very
little science discussion followed.

My comments on what you have posted would have been as follows:

I don't think "shockwave" would be the correct term here, unless you are
talking about shockwaves created from supernova explosions of massive
stars created as gas cloud interacted with gas cloud as the two galaxies
passed through each other.

Gravity obviously plays a role and could, among other things, jettison
stars and gas from either of the two interacting galaxies into the
intergalactic medium. In images of colliding galaxies such as the
Antenna, you can see this kind of thing happening. The Tadpole and the
Mice, pretty images from the HST, also show what can happen after the
galaxies have passed through each other. And computer simulations seem
to reinforce this understanding to the degree that they can result in
computer galaxies similar to the real thing seen by the HST and other
telescopes.

Star-star interactions are likely to be small in probability, but
definitely not zero. Star-star impacts though may be much closer to
zero in probability than the interactions would be, simply because the
interactions would take the form of gravity-gravity interaction of each
star, and not star hitting star.
Old August 4th 08, 12:11 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

You and BradBoi come up with figures all the time, BEERTbrain! lmao!

But do these mean anything? lmao!

Astronomers already know about approximations.

Saul Levy